Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Setup Time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Setup Time

Hello,

I bought a server from Kimsufi... it has been 12 hours and they have not set it up yet. They told me my purchase got flagged by their system and needs to be looked at by their validation team. How long does this process usually take? I provided all information accurately and paypal account is a verified account.

Not sure what could have been the issue here.

Comments

• It may take longer, it takes few hours, but sometimes it does take 1-3 days.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Sometimes a day or two, sometimes an hour. After you're verified though it's instant delivery.

• @Harambe said:
    Sometimes a day or two, sometimes an hour. After you're verified though it's instant delivery.

To clarify, you are saying after I get verified after this first purchase, all others will be instant?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@cheapwebdev said:

@Harambe said:

To clarify, you are saying after I get verified after this first purchase, all others will be instant?

Yes, or close to. I normally get delivery on Kimsufis in <5 mins.

• It takes less than 5 min usually

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

In my experience with all OVH products it is completely random, you cant count on it being 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day or 3 days.

If you have been flagged I would say 48 hours is probably a fair guess.

• Sometimes 1 week (although i had a verified account still i had to wait 1 week for one of my server with kimsufi)

• I got verified within 12 hours.

• Could take a week.

But sometimes its worth it for deals like the KS4C for 11 euros/m earlier in 2016

• They asked me for a utility bill with my name on it.. the complications of life!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

@cheapwebdev said:
    They asked me for a utility bill with my name on it.. the complications of life!

So you did as half the people do when ordering from a different country to their IP because "they are on holiday" yet for some reason have a utility bill on them?

So many fake utility bill generators online now it is unreal.

• It's ok, I downloaded my AT&T bill online. Simple and easy.. lets see if they take it.

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2016

Kimsufi is like a fine wine. You can't rush it and gulp down, wait till it will mature to the perfect condition. Considering the average age of kimsufi hardware, it won't take much longer.

• My Kimsufi validation took 3 weeks.. would've been longer if I didn't send follow up emails...

• I dunno. We got validated within minutes. When ordering something it's usually near instant. Longest provisioning time had been a day or something.

• @ATHK said:
    My Kimsufi validation took 3 weeks.. would've been longer if I didn't send follow up emails...

Do you know why it fell through the cracks?

• @cheapwebdev said:

@ATHK said:
    My Kimsufi validation took 3 weeks.. would've been longer if I didn't send follow up emails...

Do you know why it fell through the cracks?

Nope, I was asked for identification I supplied it within a day. After that they went slient..

I kept chasing and chasing (twitter, email) and they finally got it all setup, no apology from them, I thought it was standard timing for that company.

They also asked for identification when I purchased my second one, however that didn't take long.

If you're curious, they apparently don't keep your passport/other details on file. Well that's what the support tech said.