Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you buy from LowEndTalk this Black Friday/Cyber Monday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why did you buy from LowEndTalk this Black Friday/Cyber Monday

OK, last poll, I promise - just need this one to complete the set. Big thanks to everyone for participating in the last 2.

I'm putting an 'other' option here - if you select it, please mention this in a comment and add your own reason. No need to respond if you didn't actually buy anything.

Why did you purchase services from LowEndTalk this Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
  1. I bought services from LowEndTalk on BF/CM because...82 votes
    1. a plan or service I'd been considering previously was discounted.
      14.63%
    2. a provider I'd been considering trying out was offering discounts.
      10.98%
    3. there was a limited offer that seemed too good to pass up.
      56.10%
    4. I got swept away with the occasion and bought services I didn't really want.
      12.20%
    5. some other reason
        6.10%

Comments

• its gettin annoying

• lustix said: its gettin annoying

What's getting annoying?

• @Nekki said:

lustix said: its gettin annoying

What's getting annoying?

your retarded threads and trying hard on to be funny.

• some other reason

@Nekki. Take credit where credit is due. Without you a lot of the hype and crazy offers wouldn't have happened. BF/CM was honestly the most fun I've had on LET in a long long time.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@lustix said:

@Nekki said:

lustix said: its gettin annoying

What's getting annoying?

your retarded threads and trying hard on to be funny.

All these threads have information in them that most of us are interested in. If you're not interested then please don't open the thread.

Thanked by 2Nekki ucxo
  • telephone said: Take credit where credit is due

I don't think anyone bought anything because of me, strictly speaking. I helped nudge some providers along, but ultimately if the offers had been pants, no-one would have bought a thing.

I am interested to know if people just got swept away in it all and bought something 'just because', because the psychology behind that is fascinating to me.

• lustix said: your retarded threads and trying hard on to be funny.

I'm going to assume troll and just say 'thank you'.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I bought from existing providers I've used because discounts/double up deals. I bought from folks I've been meaning to try because a good offer dropped into that $12-20 per year window where I'm comfortable taking a leap. The rest were just stuff that was silly cheap so it's worth trying out, my absolute worst case I'm out like $15.

@Nekki said:
    I am interested to know if people just got swept away in it all and bought something 'just because', because the psychology behind that is fascinating to me.

More than one VirMach deal fell into that category for me "well, I'm gonna be pissed if I pass on this" - I can find a use for everything.

I took inventory on my VPS collection though and definitely found a couple I hadn't properly utilized. Here's the count (minus 1 row for headers):

• This weekend was made by @Nekki and it goes to show he is our great leader of the democratic people's republic of Buffalo

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited December 2016

OpticalSwoosh said: @Nekki and it goes to show he is our great leader

MAKE LOWENDTALK GREAT AGAIN!

• Whose paying @Nekki to open these threads?

Pure shill

• Because food is overrated.

• @Harambe said:

@Nekki said:

More than one VirMach deal fell into that category for me "well, I'm gonna be pissed if I pass on this" - I can find a use for everything.

I took inventory on my VPS collection though and definitely found a couple I hadn't properly utilized. Here's the count (minus 1 row for headers):

60 VPS? You rich :D

@sonic said:
    60 VPS? You rich :D

59 :P But 42 are annuals, and of those.. 35 are under $18/year (like half are under $10).

Here's the (few weeks outdated) list for work:

• Really interesting data so far, please keep the responses coming in!

• There were a few deals I didn't wanted to miss so I bought vps even I have no use for them (YET!). I still don't get the BF/CM hype. I'd wish they just keep their prices at a good niveau then prostitute themselves for a few days.

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2016

I just bought mine because they were such a good deal and i thought i shouldn't miss it, still have no usage for them. Maybe...later...

• Bump for a few more responses :-)

• done

• @bugrakoc said:
    Because food is overrated.

That line is copyrighted ;)

• telephone said: MAKE LOWENDTALK GREAT AGAIN!

How?

What made it great before? How can get back to that?

These are important questions.

• @Nekki said:

telephone said: MAKE LOWENDTALK GREAT AGAIN!

How?

What made it great before? How can get back to that?

These are important questions.

SCREW YOUR LIBERAL LOGIC... Too bad a certain person never asked Trump those exact questions in the debates.

Honestly for LET I just find the majority of it repetitive. Maybe it's because I've been around for a long time but I don't find a lot of the topics here engaging.

I'd love to have more advanced topics pop-up every now and then instead of the usual "Is X provider reliable", "Can X run Wordpress", or "I need X for $1/yr".

• @telephone said:

OpticalSwoosh said: @Nekki and it goes to show he is our great leader

MAKE LOWENDTALK GREAT AGAIN!

Too late, it's beyond repair now.

• Just got the 8gb RAM hybrid dedi plan for HVH. $5 first month and $30 recurring monthly!

• @cheapwebdev said:
    Just got the 8gb RAM hybrid dedi plan for HVH. $5 first month and $30 recurring monthly!

'Hybrid dedi' - what a time to be alive.

@Nekki said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    Just got the 8gb RAM hybrid dedi plan for HVH. $5 first month and $30 recurring monthly!

@Francisco missed a huge branding opportunity here. Could've been selling hybrid dedis instead of slices.

• @Harambe said:

@Nekki said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@Francisco missed a huge branding opportunity here. Could've been selling hybrid dedis instead of slices.

I think everyone should jump on it, so just like 'cloud' it can become an utterly meaningless piece of marketing bollocks.

Annoying constant use of 'get a slice' aside, Fran's marketing was on point; 'slice' is simple, easily understood and memorable. I still don't really know what 'hybrid dedi' means.

Thanked by 3Francisco ucxo GCat
  • @Nekki said:
    Annoying constant use of 'get a slice' aside, Fran's marketing was on point; 'slice' is simple, easily understood and memorable. I still don't really know what 'hybrid dedi' means.

Nice boobs, but still has a penis.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc

@Nekki said:

I think everyone should jump on it, so just like 'cloud' it can become an utterly meaningless piece of marketing bollocks.

'Member SliceHost? The slice branding is on point, it's literally an even slice of a 4c/8t 32GB E3 box. Not sure about SSD config though, maybe RAID 1 SSDs?