Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb: Annual increase of %3 for all services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb: Annual increase of %3 for all services

LayerLayer Member
edited November 2016 in Providers

Leaseweb will increase %3 for all services starting from 2017

Dear User

At LeaseWeb, we are continuously striving to provide you with a better customer experience. This year was no exception, and we boosted our Customer Care team so that we are continuously available for you – anytime, anywhere, introduced multi user access to the Customer Portal, automated server installation with RAID, and added an additional security layer to access the LeaseWeb Customer Portal. With external factors increasing our cost base, we are writing to inform you of our annual 3% increase of our Service Charges based on our General Conditions. You can find them here.

The revised rates will apply only from 1 January 2017 onwards and applies only to agreements entered into before 1 January 2016. The revised price will be included in your first 2017 invoice and you can preview it on our Customer Portal from mid-December.

This year, we also expanded our product portfolio with additional Cybersecurity services, Private Networking, Remote Management, and launched vCloud in The Netherlands and Singapore. We extended our global footprint with eight additional data centers in the U.S. And to accelerate our Web Hosting related services, we also opened new PoPs in the U.S. and Switzerland. This price increase will allow us to continue investing in the development of features and services for you.

We thank you for your valued business. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Care department.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Schönfeld
Managing Director, LeaseWeb Deutschland GmBH

Comments

• I think some manager must be fired.

Thanked by 1Layer
  • @rds100 said:
    I think some manager must be fired.

They do this every year, my services got a 3% increase last year as well.

Thanked by 2rds100 Layer
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ishaq said: They do this every year, my services got a 3% increase last year as well.

Yep, to be fair the hosting industry is one of the few where this sort of thing is rarely done, inflation happens anyway though so hosts that charge the same amount every year without fail actually just get poorer.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2016

@AnthonySmith said:

Ishaq said: They do this every year, my services got a 3% increase last year as well.

Yep, to be fair the hosting industry is one of the few where this sort of thing is rarely done, inflation happens anyway though so hosts that charge the same amount every year without fail actually just get poorer.

I would propose the opppsite. As the price of hardware, colocation, and bandwidth have largely gone down, people charging the same prices over the last 5 or so years should have seen increased profit margins.

I look at someone like buyvm as a great case study. I don't know their numbers, but when they arrived everyone said it was financially unsustainable. Fast forward a few years later st the same prices and some people were actually calling them expensive. As their expansions most certainly grew less and less expensive, and/or their capacity per 1U increased, I propose that they saw increased margins each year.

The monkey wrench would be US providers with full time staff. The ACA changed their financial obligations and majorly offset their profits.

Thanked by 2deadbeef Zare
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jarland said: I would propose the opppsite. As the price of hardware, colocation, and bandwidth have largely gone down, people charging the same prices over the last 5 or so years should have seen increased profit margins.

I guess there are certain models where that is true, I know for sure though that my own costs on a monthly basis, licenses, HW, etc etc certainly have not gone down and have remained the same.

I agree that I can get a big 12 disk dual E5 server with 256GB Ram cheaper now than I could 3 years ago... but I did not buy it 3 years ago so that is kind of a moot point.

Would be an interesting study though.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

This is more common with colocation / infrastructure and power services.

Less common when you are talking about dedicated servers (because the amount of power these devices use goes down over time, and generally the amount of performance per watt and per dollar goes down with time).

Thanked by 1jar
  • Best cyber monday deal ever!

Thanked by 2datanoise nulldev