Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

250GB +/- Storage VPS around $20 a year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

250GB +/- Storage VPS around $20 a year?

I already have a Spartan 250GB VPS for $24 a year and a Serverhub 256GB for a little less than $20 a year. Spartan had double the bandwidth though.

Looking at the liteserver.nl offer now... But wanted to know if there were any other 250GB Storage VPS deals out there around $20+/- a year?

Comments

• cuongnhcuongnh Member
    edited November 2016

Hello
    http://blackfriday.serverhub.com
    40OFF16 (Lifetime) ssd cached (Plan)

• I've bookmarked thread because I've been looking for the same thing for under $20. It seems the main options are Spartan and Serverhub (~$2/year less than Spartan, but 256MB RAM vs 512MB and 500GB BW vs 1TB)

@Waldo19 How are those two servers running for you? If I can't find an even better deal, I may just have to pick up one of those two.

@cuongnh @Waldo19 said they already had the 250GB Serverhub VPS.

Thanked by 1cuongnh
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@user123 I have one of each, they're both fine but I'm preferring the $2/mo KVM - I/O is good enough and 512MB of ram.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited November 2016

The liteserver.nl one seems to be running on OVH France hardware? so maybe you are better off with the OneProvider deal http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france $12 Euro /month for 1TB of disk.

• We have LA KVM 250GB storage for $24.99/yr

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=170

Thanked by 2cuongnh Master_Bo
  • @Harambe thanks - I was leaning towards the Spartan plan just because of the increased resources.

@bohdans I would rather not manage my own dedi in case I mess something up (I have cut back drastically on the number of VPS I have, but still haven't even logged into some of them in a year). I also want to keep the cost as low as possible. I already have two of the ZXPlay storage plans (that I renewed before they started their % off discount ;( ) and I'm using about 1.3TB between them (with some duplicate files). Generally speaking, I almost exclusively use my VPS for storing files for my own use that I can't conveniently save to my computer. I should set up VPNs and stuff like that, too, but I tend to mess up even the most idiot-proof of tutorials if they go beyond several lines of instructions.

@tragic I did see that and it was on my list for consideration, though it is a bit above my hopeful budget and other current storage VPS plans (with our tremendous exchange rate, $25USD works out to just under $35CAD after factoring in the 3% foreign transaction fee).

TBH, I would actually prefer OpenVZ because it's usually cheaper and I don't have to worry about how much of my limited RAM the kernel uses. I suppose I'm not clear on exactly what advantage there is for having KVM for something that would primarily be a storage server that wouldn't be doing any heavy processing beyond the occasional (un)compressing/(un)archiving of files.

• @user123

Most folks prefer KVM for storage mainly because they know it will 100% be there and allocated to them. So, we offer that piece of mind even though the storage is there for OpenVZ as well.

We can definitely do the same HD size and much cheaper for OVZ if you'd like. I'll send you a PM.

Roilan

• NexeonNexeon Member, Patron Provider

We could offer you a 250GB storage VPS for $25/yr - how does 512MB RAM and 1TB transfer sound?

Thanked by 2Waldo19 ehab
  • @tragic said:
    @user123

Most folks prefer KVM for storage mainly because they know it will 100% be there and allocated to them. So, we offer that piece of mind even though the storage is there for OpenVZ as well.

We can definitely do the same HD size and much cheaper for OVZ if you'd like. I'll send you a PM.

Roilan

Please list it here, i'm sure many people want to get if it's a good deal :)

• @sonic said:

@tragic said:
    @user123

Roilan

Please list it here, i'm sure many people want to get if it's a good deal :)

We have limited stock but if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

512MB RAM
    250GB
    1500GB BW
    Free in demand backup
    OpenVZ
    LA
    $19.99/Yr

Roilan

Thanked by 2Waldo19 ehab
  • Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited November 2016

@user123 said:
    TBH, I would actually prefer OpenVZ because it's usually cheaper and I don't have to worry about how much of my limited RAM the kernel uses. I suppose I'm not clear on exactly what advantage there is for having KVM for something that would primarily be a storage server that wouldn't be doing any heavy processing beyond the occasional (un)compressing/(un)archiving of files.

Once you've seen how openvz works from host node side you will never want to store anything personal there (it is basically the same as shared hosting - all your data is 100% accessible from host node and you can do nothing about it). And the fact that you cannot use fuse (sshfs as an example) or mount encrypted containers just make things even worse.

• Would Germany be a good place to go for you?

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@bohdans said:
    The liteserver.nl one seems to be running on OVH France hardware? so maybe you are better off with the OneProvider deal http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france $12 Euro /month for 1TB of disk.

Who's been telling you that? Why would we use OVH hardware? :-)
    We have our own racks, hardware and network in The Netherlands, nothing of that has any kind of relation with OVH ;-)

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

Waldo19 said: Spartan had double the bandwidth though.

that's KVM based storage VM on top of that

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2016

@bohdans said:
    The liteserver.nl one seems to be running on OVH France hardware?

Liteserver.nl is probably more comparable to Linode in terms of infrastructure independence.

• how about letbox 200G plan with 512M KVM in LA for $25/y

Thanked by 1letbox
  • I recommend the LiteServer storage box, picked one up not long ago and it's been great!

• @user123 said:
    I've bookmarked thread because I've been looking for the same thing for under $20. It seems the main options are Spartan and Serverhub (~$2/year less than Spartan, but 256MB RAM vs 512MB and 500GB BW vs 1TB)

@Waldo19 How are those two servers running for you? If I can't find an even better deal, I may just have to pick up one of those two.

Sorry for the late reply, just got the notification for some reason... I haven't given them a whirl yet but I'll let you know when I do... Ive been busy playing with my 4GB 500GB HD atom dedi for $5 a month from @VortexMagnus :P

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • I did purchase one of your plans the other day (thanks for doing a nice low-price high-storage VPS!), though from looking at the timing of your posts, you posted on your thread that the offer was closed a bit over an hour before you posted the above link to that thread. (I did tried to pick up another VPS (UK) this morning, but the site said that the coupon code had expired, so it's definitely over).

• @user123 said:
    I did purchase one of your plans the other day (thanks for doing a nice low-price high-storage VPS!), though from looking at the timing of your posts, you posted on your thread that the offer was closed a bit over an hour before you posted the above link to that thread. (I did tried to pick up another VPS (UK) this morning, but the site said that the coupon code had expired, so it's definitely over).

15% OFF expired at midnight.

The storage vps offer is out of stock in all locations aside from DE, voucher code should still work for there.

• @i83 said:
    The storage vps offer is out of stock in all locations aside from DE, voucher code should still work for there.

Ah, that's probably why - I was trying to get one of the promo storage VPS in UK.

• shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
    edited January 2017

wrong comment in wrong place.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited January 2017

You can get your 250GB Storage VPS terminated at those budget !

I would not go below Scaleway or Kimisufi

• sinsin Member

bohdans said: liteserver.nl one seems to be running on OVH France hardware

Liteserver.nl doesn't use OVH locations, they're a Netherlands provider with all their own hardware and all that. They're an awesome provider.