Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Storage

bohdansbohdans Member
edited November 2016 in Requests

OK, so I want some storage VPS, and before you say time4vps, hear me out.
I am looking for space that you don't want, that is whatever you have lying around that isn't being used. I don't care about the quality or quantity, no raid, backups, redundancy, etc... needed.
I don't care if it is here today and you take it back tomorrow.
Bandwidth wise, around 150% of the space to start, then 10% on going.
I am not hosting anything illegal, or even grey, and all data will be synced via HTTP/HTTPS.
The data will not be web facing.
Budget is as low as you can go.

Comments

• Bandwidth wise, around 150% of the space to start, then 10% on going.

Please elaborate about this.

Tell us your maximum budget

• Providers actually have space they don't want???

• I would need bandwidth equal to 150% of the total space for the first month.
    I was thinking of space they have, unsold waiting to sell. I have no worries about buying 100gb cheaply on a box until they sell the space normally.
    For example where we work we buy with a 12 month projection. So for the first month we might have 80% unutilsied, next month 70% ect.... I'm looking for that 'wasted' spaces until it's used.

• I am also looking for storage offers. Anything lower than hetzner 100gb. If you can give good offers for higher storage, it would consider it. Price has to be lower than hetzner's storage boxes.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

drdrake said: I am also looking for storage offers. Anything lower than hetzner 100gb. If you can give good offers for higher storage, it would consider it. Price has to be lower than hetzner's storage boxes.

OP is after a VPS, and not just a FTP/SFT/etc storage box. As for the matter of Hetzner's alternatives, Rustelecom's 100GB NAS ftp/rsync/ssh/nfs Storage Box is €2.2, 200GB - €2.9, location is DE Leaseweb, 1 Gbps unmetered.

• @bersy said:

drdrake said: I am also looking for storage offers. Anything lower than hetzner 100gb. If you can give good offers for higher storage, it would consider it. Price has to be lower than hetzner's storage boxes.

OP is after a VPS, and not just a FTP/SFT/etc storage box. As for the matter of Hetzner's alternatives, Rustelecom's 100GB NAS ftp/rsync/ssh/nfs Storage Box is €2.2, 200GB - €2.9, location is DE Leaseweb, 1 Gbps unmetered.

It's better if it's a VPS.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

drdrake said: It's better if it's a VPS.

LiteServer's 128MB/100GB OVZ storage VPS is $10/yr this weekend.

• @bersy said:

Wasnt the 200GB a better value? I remember I paid like 21€ or so, but that was including taxes since im from the EU.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@MagicalTrain said:

@bersy said:

Wasnt the 200GB a better value? I remember I paid like 21€ or so, but that was including taxes since im from the EU.

It is indeed :-)