Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsolicited lowendbox emails to webmasters
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unsolicited lowendbox emails to webmasters

cygnicygni Member
edited November 2016 in General

Why is lowendbox sending out unsolicited emails to webmaster accounts?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2016

Hey there,

There is no differentiation between webmaster or non-webmaster email accounts in the database. To unsubscribe, click on the link at the bottom of the email. As for the question of why, I do believe that the email most likely made it's purpose evident.

Kind Regards,
    Jarland

• @jarland said:
    Hey there,

There is no differentiation between webmaster or non-webmaster email accounts in the database. To unsubscribe, click on the link at the bottom of the email. As for the question of why, I do believe that the email most likely made it's purpose evident.

Kind Regards,
    Jarland

Hi,

A definition of spam is unsolicited emails. If for example, [email protected] is associated with an account here, why is [email protected] getting solicitations?

I believe that is spam!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2016

cygni said: Hi,

A definition of spam is unsolicited emails. If for example, [email protected] is associated with an account here, why is [email protected] getting solicitations?

I believe that is spam!

No one would be seeking out emails to add to that database. It would either be the result of a mail forwarder, mail importer, or you had forgotten that you had used it in a database relevant to LEB or LET.

Regardless, there is a simple solution at the bottom of the email.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The only email addresses that we sent the message to were those of registered users. Regret any inconvenience caused and please be assured that if you unsubscribe no further emails will be sent. We only send 1 or 2 emails a year, and we do our best to make them helpful and informative, so I hope you'll consider sticking around!

• @jarland said:

I believe that is spam!

No one would be seeking out emails to add to that database. It would either be the result of a mail forwarder, mail importer, or you had forgotten that you had used it in a database relevant to LEB or LET.

Most spammers generally present an "unsubscribe" option, which is besides the point. However, if you say it's not common practice of lowendbox to send out solicitations to webmaster addresses of emails associated with handles here, then all is well.

Thanks

Thanked by 1jar
  • @cygni said:

@jarland said:

I believe that is spam!

Most spammers generally present an "unsubscribe" option, which is besides the point. However, if you say it's not common practice of lowendbox to send out solicitations to webmaster addresses of emails associated with handles here, then all is well.

Thanks

What they're telling you is: either you or someone else registered an account with that email address, hence you got that email.

Thanked by 3jar jbiloh GCat
  • @MrObvious said:

@cygni said:

@jarland said:

I believe that is spam!

Thanks

What they're telling you is: either you or someone else registered an account with that email address, hence you got that email.

• cygni said: Why is lowendbox sending out unsolicited emails

I didn't get one. I got a bunch from Walmart though. Want to trade?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @cygni said:

Omg the drama! A better use of your time would be clicking the unsubscribe button. Trust me this thread is very unsolicited..

• i got 999999 mails /day and you complain about one ?

• Anyone else get an email yesterday, and the exact one the day before from lowendtalk? Time to setup the spam filter...

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@raza19 said:

@cygni said:

Omg the drama! A better use of your time would be clicking the unsubscribe button. Trust me this thread is very unsolicited..

@cociu said:
    i got 999999 mails /day and you complain about one ?

If you don't care for the thread, don't read or respond to it. Don't come polluting it with replies about exactly how much you don't care.

• Just click unsubscribe

• joepie91 said: If you don't care for the thread, don't read or respond to it. Don't come polluting it with replies about exactly how much you don't care.

who told you this ? The op have the posibillity to unsuscribe , from my 99999999 spam mails half of them evean i unsuscribe i still recive ... so what is the problem with 1 email recived ? this is a banality ...

• Mark them as spam

• I got the email 5 times on the same email address