Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS Black Friday Sale – 5GB OpenVZ for $5/mo and 60% OFF Site-Wide - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS Black Friday Sale – 5GB OpenVZ for $5/mo and 60% OFF Site-Wide

2»

Comments

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

alonemrinal said: Hi Order 247444. Says card declined but payment got deducted. Usually happens with my card. Created ticket #AEH-210320

Let me know the update.

Regards

All set, thanks!

• @VSNX_Nick said:

alonemrinal said: Hi Order 247444. Says card declined but payment got deducted. Usually happens with my card. Created ticket #AEH-210320

Let me know the update.

Regards

All set, thanks!

Wow! A nice start with a good support.

Thanks.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@alonemrinal said:

@VSNX_Nick said:

Let me know the update.

Regards

All set, thanks!

Wow! A nice start with a good support.

Thanks.

Thanks for your business!

• While your at it, @VSNX_Nick can you check ticket #ETW-512944, second time that I have had an issue with ports not working. Also, nice error when trying to manage the vps.

fhneric said: While your at it, @VSNX_Nick can you check ticket #ETW-512944, second time that I have had an issue with ports not working. Also, nice error when trying to manage the vps.

I have escalated that ticket for you.

• subscribed 2 days ago and got nothing but a horrible service - terrible I/O performance & broken OS template.

After so many tickets raised, they refunded me.

• @r0xz said:
    subscribed 2 days ago and got nothing but a horrible service - terrible I/O performance & broken OS template.

Guess not much has changed since I used them a couple of years ago (expired last year)... They are on my chart as "Never again" -- down there with AlienVPS and Hostrail (which is now gone)

• @kendid said:

@r0xz said:
    subscribed 2 days ago and got nothing but a horrible service - terrible I/O performance & broken OS template.

Guess not much has changed since I used them a couple of years ago (expired last year)... They are on my chart as "Never again" -- down there with AlienVPS and Hostrail (which is now gone)

I was with them back in 2013/2014 - and I thought after the takeover - maybe they have improved, guess I'm wrong.

edited November 2016

@r0xz said:

@kendid said:

@r0xz said:

I was with them back in 2013/2014 - and I thought after the takeover - maybe they have improved, guess I'm wrong.

Like I stated on the LEB post I am sorry to hear that, I saw your ticket was handled and there was issues with auto provisioning on an older node for your account.

We didn’t want to cause you more issues so I had him issue your refund with no hassle.

If you ever want to take another go let me know and I will toss you one of those for a year free on one of our new nodes we deployed just for these amazing sales :)

• Very Slow support., I think I will end up asking for refund

@kartkyan said:
    Very Slow support., I think I will end up asking for refund

Support has been swamped all weekend as you can imagine. What is your ticket number? I can help speed things up for you.

• BAD Billing support.... you need to wait AT LEASE a week for their reply.

edited November 2016

@noqqkk said:
    BAD Billing support.... you need to wait AT LEASE a week for their reply.

Sorry to hear about any issues you may have faced the last week. Please toss me a ticket number and I can address any issues for you.

Thanks!

• Windows VPS server is Very slow, and you guys said No Refund. When I forced you guys, you closed my account; I want the return confirmation if you guys shut the account. I cant communicate any further since my account is closed. Damn.

Damn the windows RDP speed test is 5 to 30 Mbps, Are you kidding me? 5 Mbps on multiple tries, it made sure that my Mobile internet is faster than that. And 25 at one try, Even then I use 200 Mbps internet at home.

Come on guys; I want the refund for this useless service. And you closed the account... Huh.... If I am not getting my money back, I have to Mark you Guys as SCAMMERS.

No More Words, Just refund my money.

Guys, Please stay away. They have NO Refund policy, which means if you pay 10 USD you will not get your money back for the shitty server. And to my knowledge 39 to 10 is a good Deal. But don't fall for that.

And I am Blogger if the service is Shit I don't mind saying the service is shit.

edited November 2016

kartkyan said: Windows VPS server is Very slow, and you guys said No Refund. When I forced you guys, you closed my account; I want the return confirmation if you guys shut the account. I cant communicate any further since my account is closed. Damn.

Damn the windows RDP speed test is 5 to 30 Mbps, Are you kidding me? 5 Mbps on multiple tries, it made sure that my Mobile internet is faster than that. And 25 at one try, Even then I use 200 Mbps internet at home.

Come on guys; I want the refund for this useless service. And you closed the account... Huh.... If I am not getting my money back, I have to Mark you Guys as SCAMMERS.

No More Words, Just refund my money.

Guys, Please stay away. They have NO Refund policy, which means if you pay 10 USD you will not get your money back for the shitty server. And to my knowledge 39 to 10 is a good Deal. But don't fall for that.

And I am Blogger if the service is Shit I don't mind saying the service is shit.

Refund was already processed, also you were on a Dual E5 with 256GB's RAM and 8 x 1TB SSD's in a HW RAID setup, just tested speeds myself and things are great for this node, especially at the $10/mo price point we are selling these at :)

[root@buf-win-vps41 ~]# sync; dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024; sync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.67885 s, 640 MB/s

Sorry to hear speeds were not fast enough for you and wish you luck!

Thanks

• See, I know it is usable or not. For RDP do you seriously think <25 Mbps speed is enough?. If you don't believe me, I can always upload the speed test video and share it here with you.

It's simple, It's slower than I talking remote access to my next room computer.

edited November 2016

kartkyan said: See, I know it is usable or not. For RDP do you seriously think <25 Mbps speed is enough?. If you don't believe me, I can always upload the speed test video and share it here with you.

Sorry to hear that, no one else has encountered any issues on that node and thanks to your report I will continue to monitor it.

We wish you luck :)

• @kartkyan said:
    See, I know it is usable or not. For RDP do you seriously think <25 Mbps speed is enough?. If you don't believe me, I can always upload the speed test video and share it here with you.

Where are you based? Location has a big influence on your speeds.

• I am in India with 200 Mbps connection at home. And I have used multiple RDP services in the past.

• @kartkyan said:
    I am in India with 200 Mbps connection at home. And I have used multiple RDP services in the past.

Probably best to not get a VPS at literally the other side of the world then. That influences your speed. a lot.

• @teamacc said:

@kartkyan said:
    I am in India with 200 Mbps connection at home. And I have used multiple RDP services in the past.

Probably best to not get a VPS at literally the other side of the world then. That influences your speed. A lot.

Bro, I have used many RDPs from different service providers. 99.99% I opt for US based server. Based on my experience, this server is very slow. All I am saying is if they improve. No problem.

Cheers.

• trettettrettet Member
    edited November 2016

@kartkyan said:

@teamacc said:

@kartkyan said:

Probably best to not get a VPS at literally the other side of the world then. That influences your speed. A lot.

Bro, I have used many RDPs from different service providers. 99.99% I opt for US based server. Based on my experience, this server is very slow. All I am saying is if they improve. No problem.

Cheers.

I second the motion, I have another node on a cheaper windows kvm provider, ChicagoVPS is indeed slow, and experiencing lot's of packet loss on my end (since my RDP connection keeps dropping), I'm on the other side of the globe (Philippines) but my other US providers (located in Tampa, Florida & Chicago) are simply faster and so far less to no packet loss experienced, I did a traceroute from the server it seems like there is a congestion on the routing to Asia..i think.

I'm not requesting a refund just out of respect because it was a great deal.

and definitely, I do not recommend ChicagoVPS for anyone in Asia...