Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.info stealing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.info stealing?

2»

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited December 2011

Same ~_~

• jhjh Member

@HerrMaulwurf said: freevps.info is not available any more.

Sorry, my bad. I meant free-vps.info

• Doing a quick search

www.free-vps . info
    www.tutorialesvps . com
    hosting-news . info
    vps.bzlba . com
    lowend . info
    vpslowcost.blogspot . com
    www.specialvps . com

Just to mention some of them

• @HerrMaulwurf said: I think it's just unfair that those websites steal LEA's work. LEA put so much efford in this project, and those rippers don't even leave a copyright or source notice.

Welcome to the World Wide Web 2012, where content is 2% generation and 98% regurgitation.

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r luis123456
  • luis123456luis123456 Member
    edited December 2011

@Aldryic said: Curiosity killed the cat. But satisfaction brought him back.

Agreed. Do you believe in Buddhism and reincarnation?

I wish lowend.info gets takes down, and I thought free-vps.info was for real...

http://www.free-vps.info/free-kvm-vps-hosting/

• Lowend.info is still not down...

• Maybe LEA simply shout down the RSS Feed :D

• @luis123456 said: Agreed. Do you believe in Buddhism and reincarnation?

Negative, that's just a cute phrase I heard somewhere. I have a feeling that religious beliefs (or lack of, in my case) are the last thing we want to bring into an otherwise friendly forum.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Would it be at all possible for LEA to put Javascript in his posts that would redirect the user if the domain was incorrect?

• @maxexcloo said: Would it be at all possible for LEA to put Javascript in his posts that would redirect the user if the domain was incorrect?

I think they use the RSS to steal LEA's post and I don't think (i'm not very sure either) you can put JS on your RSS feeds. what LEA can probably do is make RSS feeds shorter like the excerpt of the post and link to the main page.

• @dnom said: I think they use the RSS to steal LEA's post and I don't think (i'm not very sure either) you can put JS on your RSS feeds. what LEA can probably do is make RSS feeds shorter like the excerpt of the post and link to the main page.

I think you're on the right track here. An RSS feed has a 'description' field and a 'content' field. 'description' is expected to be a limited amount of plain text, while 'content' can include large amounts of html-formatted content (inside a CDATA container).

How the feed is constructed is determined by the CMS. I imagine that Wordpress has options for what gets pushed out. Just turn off the "full content" option....

• © 2011 Low End Info All Rights Reservied. - Funny guy!!

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

lol, a bad copy of low end :D

• It's happened before:

http://old.lowendtalk.com/topic/lowendboxcoms-content-has-been-ripped-off

Could have sworn we've discussed it a couple of more times but I can't find anything right off.

• LESLES Member

lei

• FTW!

• +1 for the community :)

• Awesome :D

WIN

• Seems that somestimes reporting fake whois details might help :D

• Wow, GoDaddy actually followed up on one....

• I reported the domain to interNIC, so I guess GoDaddy has to follow.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@HerrMaulwurf said: I reported the domain to interNIC, so I guess GoDaddy has to follow.

No, they just forward the complaint onto GoDaddy and let them deal with it. We talked about it once before here at LET and I found something on the ICANT website saying that it's up to the registrars to police the information. ICANT doesn't do anything in regards to incorrect information. They only get involved when it's a domain dispute or if it's fraud on the registrars part and it takes quite a few complaints for them to lift a finger on the fraud complaints.

• @drmik

Okay, I thought that the registrar is forced by the InterNIC to handle the request. But anyway, I'm happy that we got one stealer down. :)

• And what about all the list of site scrappers that I posted? :P

• @HerrMaulwurf said: Okay, I thought that the registrar is forced by the InterNIC to handle the request.

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=godaddy.com&submitted=1124180118&table=whois

:)

• @yomero

Working on it :P