Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who resisted buying something this Black Friday? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who resisted buying something this Black Friday?

Comments

• When all the renewals from last year's BF deals hit my inbox this week, it was a sobering reminder to be stingy with purchases.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@user123 said:
    I'm holding out for an OpenVZ storage offer - maybe something US-based with 200-250GB of RAID-10 HDD storage, 1GB RAM, and 1TB BW for $12-15/year...keeps eyes peeled for unicorn

The closest I've seen so far is 250GB for $20/year or 100GB for $9/year, though both were KVM (which I might end up getting, if they remain available).

SpartanHost 60% off is 250GB KVM for $21.60/year. I'm probably gonna end up with that. Month to month it's only $2 as well.

I've dropped at least $15 at Namecheap on domains/SSL. A few vStoike boxes. A couple misc VMs that popped up here.. Money well wasted :P

Thanked by 1myhken
  • MOAR UPTIME COUNTING SERVERS!!!!

• JariXeJariXe Member
    edited November 2016

mtsbatalha said: No, this is a promo fom the past.

myhken said: Relax, you did not miss that. They did not have any offers today. :D or :(

Ow okay luckily when do they have these offers and where do they announce them? Does someone have 1 laying around or doesn't kimsufi allow server transfer?

• blackblack Member
    edited November 2016

Thanked by 1myhken
  • JariXe said: when do they have these offers and where do they announce them?

They have ads on their sites, and twitter is a good thing to follow.

And:
    http://api.check100.xyz/kimsufi/kimsufi-checking.php

JariXe said: doesn't kimsufi allow server transfer?

I have never tried to transfer a Kimsufi server, but they who have tried says no, that's not possible.

• I get vps from VStoike But im not happy with it , I think I will get more

• myhken said: twitter is a good thing to follow

Well I got to create twitter then XD

Thanks for the site

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:

JariXe said: doesn't kimsufi allow server transfer?

I have never tried to transfer a Kimsufi server, but they who have tried says no, that's not possible.

no not possible for Kimsufi ... only for OVH and SYS

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I don't usually respond to sales offers, but AlphaRacks came up with an offer that hit the spot for me.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Ole_Juul ... Alpha who?

• MridulMridul Member
    edited November 2016

@Harambe said:

SpartanHost 60% off is 250GB KVM for $21.60/year. I'm probably gonna end up with that. Month to month it's only $2 as well.

got one.

• Hxxx said: Alpha who?

Yeah, I know their reputation isn't that great around here. However, I got redirected from RIJX when that went down, and since the price was right, I just hung in there. It's been several years now, and they've been great. Here's the B/F sale page:
    https://www.alpharacks.com/BlackFriday2016

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    I don't usually respond to sales offers, but AlphaRacks came up with an offer that hit the spot for me.

Gotta love the yearly master reseller accounts... I grabbed one thanks to you. Kudos... I haven't seen similar offers on here yet.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • I have 150$ in my Coinbase wallet to spend, and looking for too good to be true deals :D

• @netomx said:
    Me - no money :c

Sounds very familiar...

Thanked by 1GCat
  • tried to resist so hard, but gave up and get mxroute

• I cant keep my money from this Virmach offer

Virtualization: OpenVZ
    RAM: 2GB
    Disk: 30GB RAID 10 SSD
    Bandwidth: 500GB @ 1Gbps
    CPU: 2 Core @ 2GHz+
    IP: 1x IPv4
    $8.69/yr

• I resisted buying an Online 4.99 dedi.

It was easy.

(They helped, though)

• Me.

I would like the ramnode offer but in NL location, and would have snapped up the 5eur online.net offer too but missed it.

Was considering the mxroute offer too but have to sort out some issues with my existing email first.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

I was seduced by @vStoike offer only so far.

What about this VirMach $5/yr KVM one?

Virtualization: KVM
    RAM: 512MB
    Disk: 5GB RAID 10 SSD
    Bandwidth: 200GB @ 1Gbps
    CPU: 1 Core @ 2GHz+
    IP: 1x IPv4
    $5/yr

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • I haven't bought a VPS yet!

But I did buy some new in-ear JBL's and my gf bought a new Pioneer car radio with bluetooth and some other functions that we're not going to use anyway.

Oh and I also bought some games for my Xbox One, they were cheap.. too cheap.. And some Xbox Live Gold for 12 months.. 25 GBP at Game.co.uk yesterday.

Damn.. I should stop throwing money around.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • I was waiting for dedicated deals, without luck. My money is still in my pocket.

• erkin said: I was waiting for dedicated deals, without luck. My money is still in my pocket.

You have a few hours left for this one https://www.alpharacks.com/BlackFriday2016 (at the bottom)

Thanked by 1erkin
  • kaflokaflo Member
    edited November 2016

almost....

I availed of ImpactVPS' double credit, namecheap's 0.88/year comodo positive SSL and 1.16usd dot com.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • couldn't resist OVH I7 4790K server deal for centmin mod install/testing https://community.centminmod.com/posts/40609/ :)

• Did get a new year on Bitdefender Total Security for $17/year and an extension on my VPN from Astrill for two years for $99.

• I had been waiting on BF to get a LAX KVM from UltraVPS.eu to replace VPEasy KVM. I ordered a BF-2, and have my fingers crossed it will be delivered in a couple of weeks.
    Waiting for @MCHPhil to do something like last year, but hope is fading...

• I didn't buy anything... Yet