Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for windows kvm for playing AFK in MMORPG
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for windows kvm for playing AFK in MMORPG

hello,
as the tittle said, I'm looking for windows kvm for playing AFK in MMORPG games
atleast 4GB RAM
20GB storage should be fine
AFK (away from keyboard) means that i will be looged in my char using the vps then leave it (-_-)

budget, if possible $3-7/month
thanks

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

But this needs a GPU as well, unless your MMO is a 2D-only one.

• 4 GB RAM and budget $3-7/monthly...

Arttu_Rantanen said: 4 GB RAM and budget $3-7/monthly...

Hello Mr. Attru and your funny gif friends. Let me introduce you to https://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/vps-ssd.xml. The 4GB one costs 6 EUR/month on the normal price, and today you can get it at 50% off yearly, i.e. for 36 EUR/year. As you can see this price is nowhere near unrealistic these days. Hope this helps and you will kindly cease posting retarded shit like that from now on. Thanks.

(However for the OP the GPU question still remains.)

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited November 2016

@rm_ said:
    But this needs a GPU as well, unless your MMO is a 2D-only one.

yes, but I don't need powerful GPU as i will just use it to logged in my character

i previously use dedicated server from fisrtheberg https://www.firstheberg.com/en/dedicated-server-atom-intel
    it worked fine for me to go a long AFK in game :D

• Lots of those games runs in browser - flash based - even with few macros you can keep running earning gold or whatever they gets for being active.

edited November 2016

didtav said: I don't need powerful GPU

Problem is, you don't get any GPU at all on VPSes, most often you will get an emulated "Cirrus Logic GD 5446" card which is a 2D-only video card from 20 years ago.

I'd say your only option appears to be to look for another cheap dedi with Intel GPU on it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:

didtav said: I don't need powerful GPU

Problem is, you don't get any GPU at all on VPSes, most often you will get an emulated "Cirrus Logic GD 5446" card which is a 2D-only video card from 20 years ago.

I'd say your only option appears to be to look for another cheap dedi with Intel GPU on it.

VMWare has an emulated video card that supposedly does some form of 3D but that's about it. KVM doesn't support anything past actual video card pass through.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @didtav you will need something like that atom, desktop processors has video integrated, server processor family not.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
  • Your offer is really amazing. They are worth trying.

• You'll mostly need something way above your limit.
    VMware only allows up to 32mb in its emulated 3D option.

Better check out: https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

You don't need physical GPU with Windows Server 2012 using RDP. Feel free to try our KVM SSD (x2 for 4GB RAM) package for free during 1 day test - wishosting.com

exception0x876 said: You don't need physical GPU with Windows Server 2012 using RDP.

How will that work when you disconnect from RDP? The game will crash, the point is that it should run 24x7 even if user is not connected.

• @exception0x876 said:
    You don't need physical GPU with Windows Server 2012 using RDP. Feel free to try our KVM SSD (x2 for 4GB RAM) package for free during 1 day test - wishosting.com

For RDP surely not but for the games, he might.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@rm_ said:

exception0x876 said: You don't need physical GPU with Windows Server 2012 using RDP.

How will that work when you disconnect from RDP? The game will crash, the point is that it should run 24x7 even if user is not connected.

It depends on the game. That's why I suggest him to try it for 1 day. I used it for a few games myself to AFK crafting things and it worked fine even after disconnecting.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

Im gonna assume that you are going to either bot gold or gain play hours in steam in order to make it less suspicious when you use hacks later on.

Back to the original point: if the game is Runescape, you dont need gpu to bot or afk in it.

If the game is WoW or CS:GO or TF2, you will reaquire a server with PCI-E passthrough.

The reason it is expensive is because no provider has GPU enabled servers sitting idle. They also need to pay for windows license.

20€/m is more realistic price for what you ask since this is specialized hardware. Its not a question of fast gpu or slow gpu but a gpu or no gpu.

edited November 2016

stefeman said: Im gonna assume that you are going to either bot or gain play hours

Nah some games require you to be online if you want to sell in-game goods that you crafted, etc. Actually I have a small AMD E-350 PC just for this at home, running one MMO game which requires that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said:
    Im gonna assume that you are going to either bot gold or gain play hours in steam in order to make it less suspicious when you use hacks later on.

Back to the original point: if the game is Runescape, you dont need gpu to bot or afk in it.

If the game is WoW or CS:GO or TF2, you will reaquire a server with PCI-E passthrough.

The reason it is expensive is because no provider has GPU enabled servers sitting idle. They also need to pay for windows license.

20€/m is more realistic price for what you ask since this is specialized hardware. Its not a question of fast gpu or slow gpu but a gpu or no gpu.

And worse, they can only pass it to one client, meaning its very expensive on power and such too. It's a couple hundred watts on average these days for cards.

Francisco

• Update:

I decided to use a dedicated server from hetzner (i7-3770, 16GB RAM). It works perfectly for all my mmorpg games.

(Currently running 3 MMORPG at the same time) lol

The only down point is that it is to damn expensive + windows licence :v

I wish I could get a cheaper one

If anyone could help me get a cheaper one, please....

• dedipromodedipromo Member
    edited November 2016

Kimsufi does this sort of servers...and I like your gravatar ; )

forget about that they dont serve GPU