Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'CloudProvider' / HighUptime / DDoS - Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

'CloudProvider' / HighUptime / DDoS - Protection

Hello,

while I've been looking for an ASP.NET provider last time and did not find a satisfying solution, I went with Microsofts Azure. Even though I highly dislike their DDoS policy and couple more things...

So with BlackFriday/CyberMonday upcoming, I'm looking for new alternatives.

As last time I will only take servers located within the EU into consideration.

Germany is a big plus but absolutely not necessary.

An absolutely reliable and trustworthy provider is needed.

Was thinking about a provider which offers a real 'cloud' solution with full HA?

Suggestions are highly welcome, especially with this great deals everywhere.

KVM and own ISOs also add, would love to run windows but due to .NET Core I will be fine with Linux as well. :)

Maybe 4Cores and 4-8GB of RAM. Resource pools would also be a great idea.

That would permit me to split hosting and background applications even better.

Thanks,

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

Talk to @Francisco about a slice. Sprinkle on some of their Voxility DDoS protection. Good to go. https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

Edit: Alright, I'm not responding to anymore request threads. Apparently Black Friday has made me functionally retarded and I can't properly read the details. Disregard this post. I suck dicks.

Thanked by 2GCat lustix
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Thank you for the recommendation!

We'll have slices on the other side of the pond soon, but if you need something immediately you could signup in Vegas and then we'll migrate you later.

Your IP will change, but if that's not a big deal it's an option :)

Francisco

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We are in Frankfurt, Germany and can make you a special deal. All our plans come with Voxility Anti DDoS protection by default. If you want we can chat on our live chat on nodion.com (bottom right corner). We can offer german support as well.

• From what I read neither is full HA / resource pool...? ;)

Even though I know and love BuyVM.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Wolf said: full HA

Very few (if any) providers offer HA at the VM level. Meaning that an HV can go down and your server never goes down (I don't even know who offers this, tbh). You should do HA at the application layer, it is much more cost effective.

• @Jarland

Guess you are right. The application itself is indeed already fully scalable and would be able to run in fail-over / clusters without any further configuration. Simply spinning up new WebInstances. Even a total system failure, while processing, would cause no harm to the application or data integrity but the using being forced to reload the page...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

Wolf said: full HA

Very few (if any) providers offer HA at the VM level. Meaning that an HV can go down and your server never goes down (I don't even know who offers this, tbh). You should do HA at the application layer, it is much more cost effective.

We do :-).

What's the budget for the solution you need @Wolf ?

London's ok with you ?

• @Clouvider

Thanks for the response! :)

Anyway, with 3 boxes from Online and the offer from OVH, I'm already covered (for now). Thank you anyway, I might come back to you in the future :)

Cheers,

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @Wolf and you're welcome.

Looking forward to working with you in the future :-)

Thanked by 1Wolf