Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday 2016: KVM, 1 CPU Core, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD: 20 EUR p.a. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday 2016: KVM, 1 CPU Core, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD: 20 EUR p.a.

13»

Comments

• @Umair said:
    "Please enter a valide Phone Number"

Try adding a dash after the country code: In my case, "+3164[…]" was rejected, but "+31-64[…]" was accepted.

Thanked by 2vimalware Umair
  • @ultravps : quick question : Is requesting that multiple BF specials be moved around to different HVs reasonable?

or are we going to end up same noisy node?

Tempted to order more.

• @UltraVPS said:

fan said: Maybe just reopen ordering for locations except for LA?

simonlau said: It is out of stock now. Is it going to comeback with the same special prices ?

We might re-open ordering for a limited time on Monday morning (European time). In that case, I will update this thread.

mehargags said: @UltraVPS though I would have loved a 4GB KVM for < €50 ^^

Thank you for your feedback. We will consider your suggestion next year ;)

May I know that what time at Monday will it be re-opened? 8am or 10am (European time)?

• @UltraVPS Just picked up the 1G offer today -- this thing is smoking fast! Thanks for such a great deal... Just moved my stuff from Prometus (another high quality provider)...

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Probably one of the best BF deals this year (at least for me). Great provider, I can definitely recommend them. They are large enough to provide you a reliable service and still small enough to offer personal support. :) I like the fact that they own their own equipment. I couldn't resist and ordered one BF-VPS in DUS.

Thanked by 3ucxo vimalware Falzo
  • UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

vimalware said: @ultravps : quick question : Is requesting that multiple BF specials be moved around to different HVs reasonable?

Please open a ticket for that. Thank you.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@fan, @simonlau, @ffsquell
    We have re-opened ordering for LA now until further notice. Since we are out of stock in LA, it might take up to 2 weeks till your VM will be provisioned.

• @UltraVPS said:
    @fan, @simonlau, @ffsquell
    We have re-opened ordering for LA now until further notice. Since we are out of stock in LA, it might take up to 2 weeks till your VM will be provisioned.

Can you kindly provide the new order link since it report "Currently Out Of stock" with the original link?

ffsquell said: Can you kindly provide the new order link since it report "Currently Out Of stock" with the original link?

Please try again. Issue should be fixed.

• @UltraVPS: Do you allow custom ISOs?

• I can not find where to open a support ticket.

• fanfan Veteran

@Remon said:
    I can not find where to open a support ticket.

Email the support email on their homepage.

• @ucxo said:
    One somewhat unusual thing: My Cloud-BF2 (advertised as 50 GB SSD) has been provisioned with two virtual harddisks:
    @UltraVPS I don't mind the extra 10 GB, but what's the rationale behind this? ;)

Mine's like that too... I think I would have preferred one big partition/disk... Did you find out the reason behind this setup? Seems a little odd

• @kendid said:

@ucxo said:
    One somewhat unusual thing: My Cloud-BF2 (advertised as 50 GB SSD) has been provisioned with two virtual harddisks:
    @UltraVPS I don't mind the extra 10 GB, but what's the rationale behind this? ;)

Mine's like that too... I think I would have preferred one big partition/disk... Did you find out the reason behind this setup? Seems a little odd

I've opened a ticket asking if there were any differences between the two drives. According to their response, both virtual drives lie on the same storage backend and are completely identical in terms of redundancy, performance, etc, so you can just combine them using LVM or ZFS.

If I had to guess, I'd say they provide two drives so they can maintain a set of 10GB-sized OS templates for all VPS sizes, without having to muck with the partition table when provisioning larger plans.

Thanked by 2Falzo vimalware
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited December 2016

Also, I'm continually amazed by the speed and quality of their support:

• Contacted their phone support at 9 p.m. CET and got a human on the line within 20 seconds. (I got an error message when I tried to reboot my server via the web panel. Turns out it just takes a minute and I was too impatient.)
    • Opened a ticket via email a few minutes later, asking them to please add a FreeBSD ISO to the panel's boot menu "when you find the time". They found the time 8 minutes later.

This is easily the best German provider I've worked with so far. Right up there with Stuart (@OnePound) and Anthony (@AnthonySmith).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @UltraVPS : do you still have offer for 2GB KVM?

durjoy said: @UltraVPS : do you still have offer for 2GB KVM?

This special offer isn't available anymore. But, of course, we still offer virtual servers with 2 GB RAM.

• @ucxo said:
    This is easily the best German provider I've worked with so far. Right up there with Stuart (@OnePound) and Anthony (@AnthonySmith).

You just listed all my BlackFriday invoices.

Happy with them all, and will be for a long time.

• If they allowed adult content I would have signed up for one of their US locations in a heartbeat :(