Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't proxmox being used for selling servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why isn't proxmox being used for selling servers?

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We did experiment with proxmox and did fine for a while, hostbill is supposed to support it, but it failed.
    Now with the whmcs plugin we are epxerimenting again. Uncle bought the source too so in case something goes belly up can fix it before the 2 months hostbill people gave us.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: Great support 1 click install of web control panels such as webuzo - cPanel & more, well worth the price after the 1 month trial, ipv6 works nice too, try it out if you have time i am sure you will like it, the admin side is a little more advanced than solusvm but the end user side is all around better.

That's not exactly proof, bud.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2014

One click isn't the be all and end all @sz1hosting.

@Mao which module did you get. I know of a few issues in one of them... Drop me a PM if you want to talk a little more about it.

• Nekki said: That's not exactly proof, bud.

There are a few hosts here who use virtualizor, and our customers like it too.

• wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:

I also know lots of hosts here that use Solus when it was being hacked but hey... Where did that review get to btw?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

@wych said:
    One click isn't the be all and end all sz1hosting.

Mao which module did you get. I know of a few issues in one of them... Drop me a PM if you want to talk a little more about it.

Uncle got the modules garden one for cloud. Why pm, i believe issues with software in use should not be secret.

• wych said: I also know lots of hosts here that use Solus when it was being hacked but hey... Where did that review get to btw?

Not sure i do not use solusvm i do not like the support and the panel is not as advanced admin side.

• wychwych Member

@Maounique said:
    Uncle got the modules garden one for cloud. Why pm, i believe issues with software in use should not be secret.

Fair enough, thats not the one I have experience with anyway. I tried the trial didn't like it and support sucked at the time.

As to why PM... Because this is an old thread from over a year ago ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: There are a few hosts here who use virtualizor, and our customers like it too.

I refer to my previous statement.

Bah, who cares, it is still relevant. I think proxmox wont be free for long, though. The nag pop-up is one step in that direction, the more is adopted for hosting, the closer the time when they will ask for subscription fees to use the software is closer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@BlaZe said:
    There is no client panel for it. Also there are plugins to manage individual VPS from WHMCS but you will have to buy it (not included in WHMCS default pack)

SO I expect to see an offer posted any day now yes?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: SO I expect to see an offer posted any day now yes?

He's already tried shoehorning offers into threads a few times, they 'vanished' somehow...

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Ive seen proxmox used in production, I even have such a VDS. However its rare. SolusVM has the momentum, and unfortunately has more features and is easier to use.

That being said, for its price proxmox is wonderful, and I am sure given enough time it will continue to improve. Proxmox is great for managing Openvz containers on your own servers, if you like to containerize and separate your concerns (security) however there are a number of issues for production usage (WHMCS, not SolusVM, needs some UI & UX work in my opinion).

I also suspect in a year or two it might no longer be free, its been going in that direction for a while. Its sad, but not unexpected.

• They are actually being use, just that you don't know.

As far as I can terafire is using them, at least the last time when I had service with them.

Thanked by 1terafire