Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

192 MB RAM - 5 GB HDD/SSD - 250 GB BW - 1 IPv4 & 16 IPv6 - KVM - $ 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

192 MB RAM - 5 GB HDD/SSD - 250 GB BW - 1 IPv4 & 16 IPv6 - KVM - $ 2

Hi.

I am looking for a VPS with this configuration:

• Shared CPU
  • 192 MB RAM (256 MB preferred)
  • 5 GB HDD/SSD (10 GB preferred)
  • 250 GB BW (500 GB preferred)
  • 1 Gbps node port (or 100 Mbps for VM is fine too, but would prefer the the shared gigabit port)
  • 1 IPv4
  • 16 IPv6 (/124) (or 8 IPs from a /125)
  • KVM virtualisation
  • Custom ISO (or host upload of the latest LTS of Debian netinst or Ubuntu minimal ISO)
  • Location can be anywhere. I already have a VPS using ColoCrossing network (Buffalo), so I do not need one that is on it. I will need a pair of test IPv4 and IPv6 to ping and traceroute.
  • USD 2 - 2.5 per month (not looking for yearly commitment). Willing to lower specs to align with stated budget (RAM no lower than 128 MB). Payment will be made with PayPal.

Usage will be for small VPN and basic server-related Linux learning platform, so most of the time no high CPU or IO.

Thank you.

Comments

• You have solid budget for what you ask. Good luck with finding a right provider :)

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

You can get one right now at around $9/year recurring and much more RAM, in Russia: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1939596/#Comment_1939596

Oh,

mxp13 said: not looking for yearly commitment

Sure, but at only $9 for much higher specs than what you requested, you should give it a thought.

Thanked by 2bersy mxp13
  • @rm_ said:
    You can get one right now at around $9/year recurring and much more RAM, in Russia: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1939596/#Comment_1939596

Oh,

mxp13 said: not looking for yearly commitment

Sure, but at only $9 for much higher specs than what you requested, you should give it a thought.

Or don't even think and just buy it, because that offer is utterly ridiculous.

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

@mxp13 said:
    Hi.

I am looking for a VPS with this configuration:

• Shared CPU
    • 192 MB RAM (256 MB preferred)
    • 5 GB HDD/SSD (10 GB preferred)
    • 250 GB BW (500 GB preferred)
    • 1 Gbps node port (or 100 Mbps for VM is fine too, but would prefer the the shared gigabit port)
    • 1 IPv4
    • 16 IPv6 (/124) (or 8 IPs from a /125)
    • KVM virtualisation
    • Custom ISO (or host upload of the latest LTS of Debian netinst or Ubuntu minimal ISO)
    • Location can be anywhere. I already have a VPS using ColoCrossing network (Buffalo), so I do not need one that is on it. I will need a pair of test IPv4 and IPv6 to ping and traceroute.
    • USD 2 - 2.5 per month (not looking for yearly commitment). Willing to lower specs to align with stated budget (RAM no lower than 128 MB). Payment will be made with PayPal.

Usage will be for small VPN and basic server-related Linux learning platform, so most of the time no high CPU or IO.

Thank you.

The problem is that most providers don't accept such low monthly payment due to payment gateway fees. So if you pay every month your $2 the provider has much higher fees than on a yearly plan. You should give it a thought to order yearly, for example we are offering a yearly plan for 10 EUR with the following specs:
    1 vCPU (3.5 GHz), 256 MB RAM, 5 GB SSD, 1GbE, 100 GB Traffic
    Plan Details: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1939332

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • UltraVPS - 512MB/15GB/1TB KVM for $1.8 in EU/US

InceptionHosting - 512MB/10GB-SSD-C/500GB KVM for €2.5 in UK (Clouvider)

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2016

Yes. Need to be a cunt, if not get vStoike deal of the month.

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • I apologise for my late reply. It seems my brain inexpicably decided to completely forget about BF/CM that is ongoing right now, so my post was quite done prematurely. Had I been conscious about it, my post was not necessary in this time period.

However, due to the—in @Nekki's words—"utterly ridiculous" offer from @vStoike as pointed out by @rm_, I temporarily abandoned (temporarily because my request is a continuing one) my "not looking for yearly commitment" stipulation and went ahead to buy one during the second window. I was lucky that my request coincided with BF/CM and my order was just in time. I am just waiting for them to upload the requested ISOs and I will be all set.

Regarding low monthly payment, I am in agreement with @nik in principle, just that I am coming from the perspective of a prospective client who is just inquiring in the hope that there is a good deal to be offered.

Thank you for @bersy for the pointers to UltraVPS and InceptionHosting. Will keep tabs on them.

@jenkki, I think it is perhaps the deal of the year.

Anyway, as I had indicated, my request is not confined by time, so it still stands well beyond BF/CM. Though I consider for the next three weeks, at least, my request has been sufficiently fulfilled.

Thank you for the offers in this thread and one(s) I received through PM. Much appreciated.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

@mxp13 This is a good one for $1.20/mo with their BF coupon - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/97863/spartan-host-ddos-protected-seattle-ssd-hdd-kvm-dallas-storage-kvm-2-250gb-bf-60-off#latest

Edit: Ah crap, don't know about IPv6...

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • mxp13 said: Thank you for @bersy for the pointers to UltraVPS and InceptionHosting. Will keep tabs on them.

@AnthonySmith (InceptionHosting) CyberMonday offer is coming.

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • @Harambe: Although IPv6 is only available for their "HDD Storage Dallas KVM" series, the entry package in that category is still well within the budget I stated (USD 2). For the configuration it is offering, I would be lying if I say I am not at least attracted.

@bersy: Yes, I just read about the upcoming CM offer by @AnthonySmith. Thus far, his offers never fail to tempt. Let us wait and see.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

Prometeus is offering 20% recurring OFF now, so their KVM Cloud is also a viable option. There are several EU locations to choose from.

SeFlow - VPS Pro 1GB KVM in SBR, FR is just €1.5 with zhujiceping recurring coupone. Unfortunately their IT, Milan location doesn't fall within this promo, but both FR and CA OVH ones do. And their Flex VPS line starts from €2/m without any coupons. I wish they would accept Skrill as a payment…

Hexodo - €2.25/m 512MB KVM VPS is another option. They are in SmartDC (Rotterdam), which is a good NL DC.

Check also @verelox offers in FR/CA (OVH), NL (SmartDC), the cheapest one is 256MB SSD KVM for €2.3/m. IPv6 & ISO is supported.

I'm not sure on IPv6 & Custom ISO support by all of them though @cassa @matteob

Thanked by 2mxp13 Verelox
  • Thanked by 1mxp13
  • @bersy said:
    I'm nor sure on IPv6 & Custom ISO support by all of them though @cassa @matteob

Custom ISO is fully supported on all locations. Customers can upload their ISO or use one of ours.

For IPv6 we support only Milan locations, but working hard to add in other locations because is high demanded. I expect to implement ipv6 in a few days

Thanked by 2bersy mxp13
  • tonyapactonyapac Member
    edited November 2016

http://bargainvm.com/warrior.html

Warrior Special Offer
    Enter coupon code "WSO" to claim your Micro Cloud Server for $1.00/mo.

Xen
    Centos, Ubuntu, Debian
    256MB Memory
    10GB HD
    100GB Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    With Coupon
    $1.00/mo*

It offers 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6.

Thanked by 1mxp13
  • @bersy said: I'm not sure on IPv6 & Custom ISO support by all of them though @cassa @matteob

We do both :) You can open a ticket to request additional IPv6 and a custom ISO

Thanked by 2bersy mxp13
  • That is a solid array of good offers. The balancing act betwen refraining from hoarding VPSes and the urge to at least give some of them a spin just got a notch tougher, only made bearable by the fact that my quota is somewhat already fulfilled.

@tragic, LA interests me but not at this very moment. I shall let you know if I wish to try your service.