Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sparkpost vs Sendgrid vs Amazon SES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sparkpost vs Sendgrid vs Amazon SES

Which one do you use? Which is more reliable in terms of delivery and reports?

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

We've been using sparkpost with a dedicated IP at work and have had zero deliverabiliy issues. Without the dedicated IP mail was lucky to get anywhere.

• For transactional or daily?

@trewq said:
    We've been using sparkpost with a dedicated IP at work and have had zero deliverabiliy issues. Without the dedicated IP mail was lucky to get anywhere.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Hxxx said:
    For transactional or daily?

@trewq said:

Transactional. Newsletters and bulk mail are through Active Campaign.

• We use SendGrid and have had no issues with deliveries.

• +1 Sendgrid

• nfnnfn Veteran

Sendgrid

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Mailgun or AWS. Both zero issue. sendgrid have a lot of outage recently

• Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid Sendgrid

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited November 2016

I have jumped to Sendgrid mostly

1) Sendgrid -- Good delivery ratio --No outages as AFAIK -- Great delivery vs pricing

2) Amazon SES -- Good delivery ratio but steep curve when you start

3)Spark post --Cheap for what it is -- Dedicated IP may give good Delivery

• @trewq said:

Happy spam folders!

• How about elasticmail?

• i use sendgrid, also is really easy to add it to cPanel server in the exim config.

• @simonindia said:

1) Sendgrid -- Good delivery ratio --No outages as AFAIK -- Great delivery vs pricing

SendGrid - very expensive. With dedicated IP: good deliverability to hotmail. Yahoo put emails in spam sometimes. Many companies block their subnet.

Amazon SES - cheap, average deliverability.

SparkPost - Very cheap. With dedicated IP: hotmail - spam, yahoo - spam.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@partymonger said:
    How about elasticmail?

We use them, they seem okay, the occasional outage. Delivery is fine apart from emails that contain things such as IPs, not sure if that is up to them or just the spam filters on email providers. Only snag is they charge a lot for attachment bandwidth and include none on their free plan.

• @trnj said:

@simonindia said:

SendGrid - very expensive. With dedicated IP: good deliverability to hotmail. Yahoo put emails in spam sometimes. Many companies block their subnet.

Amazon SES - cheap, average deliverability.

SparkPost - Very cheap. With dedicated IP: hotmail - spam, yahoo - spam.

Your mileage may vary depending upon the content

With Send grid Dedicated Ip is an bad choice But good deliver ability overall

SPARK POST Average deliver ability if you go with Dedicated but not bad considering the pricing

• What about mailgun?

• We integrate send grid with postfix so all clients mail is routed through it. No problems or complaints so far!

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2016

Spark post questionable even the account activation email went to Junk on Hotmail not really a good sign when Spark post own mail cant get inbox on Hotmail.

SendGrid i used for quite a bit before moving to Amazon SES deliverable was generally fine, but ever shared sender ip my account would send via would be listed at Sorbs or Spamcop that was about 6 month's ago so most likely not a issue anymore.

Amazon SES out of them 3 would says is the best for deliverable never had any issue's, been using it for a few high visitors e-commerce for client i host for.

• @simonindia said:
    Your mileage may vary depending upon the content

With Send grid Dedicated Ip is an bad choice But good deliver ability overall

SPARK POST Average deliver ability if you go with Dedicated but not bad considering the pricing

Would not agree. SG with IP is the best choice. Knock on wood. I use 700k plan (400$ p.m.) and I have good deliverability. Still problems with deliverability to Yahoo.

SparkPost deliverability is very average with/without IP. Without IP theis shared IPs are very dirty, I had to delist them from blacklists every hour. Dedicated IP is good, but still Hotmail put all email to unwanted folder, yahoo to spam.

• Is it a solution to deliver emails from SendGrid to Yahoo Inbox?

• Yahoo what?

• SES looks fine. I'd add also PostmarkApp to the list (price's not that low, good deliverability and technical part)

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap's XSmall plan can handle upto 1MM mails/mo. at just $59 while maintaining near 100% deliverability. API is not available though; maybe in the future!

• I have been using AmazonSES for years, never an issue with delivery.

Primarily used for transactional emails (whmcs, etc.) as well as with sendy to send newsletters.

• mailcheap said: Mailcheap's XSmall plan can handle upto 1MM mails/mo. at just $59 while maintaining near 100% deliverability. API is not available though; maybe in the future!

do you have integration with WHM/cPanel servers?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@dedicados said:

mailcheap said: Mailcheap's XSmall plan can handle upto 1MM mails/mo. at just $59 while maintaining near 100% deliverability. API is not available though; maybe in the future!

do you have integration with WHM/cPanel servers?

The solution works directly with the MTA to protect your entire email infrastructure and ensure reliable email delivery; compatible with all modern MTAs like Exim (cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin), Postfix (Zimbra, iRedmail), Microsoft Exchage, SendMail, qmail, etc.

• How can someone integrate sendgrid or amazon ses with an online open source email app to send emails for clients just like gmail or hotmail?

• Mailgun +1

• @doghouch said:
    Mailgun +1

Only if you send to Gmail. All IPs are heavily blacklisted.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2016

@trnj said:

@doghouch said:
    Mailgun +1

Only if you send to Gmail. All IPs are heavily blacklisted.

Works fine for me. 90% delivery rate

EDIT: 90.14%