Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux Foundation takes over Xen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux Foundation takes over Xen

2»

Comments

• @Microlinux said: I suppose this doesn't bode well for KVM overtaking Xen, but I think there will always be a market for "competing" technologies.

Not really, there are major backers behind KVM just as well. Doesn't mean much. It just means XEN isn't dead now.

• @concerto49 said: Not really, there are major backers behind KVM just as well.

True but does that list include the likes of AWS, AMD, Intel, Cisco, Google, et al?

I'm not going to sit here and tell you I can predict the future, but the deck seems slightly stacked -- then again I don't know to what extent these companies are involved.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I agree with @Microlinux and I want to bump this thread because I like it.

KVM wont die out because of this, but don't be surprised to see Xen back in RHEL by version 7

Xen HVM Can do 90% of what KVM can do and it does it much much neater with a lot less overhead, and you also have Xen PV on top of that, with backing like AWS, Google, Cisco etc give it a year and we will be saying well KVM can do 80% of what Xen can do.

That is my prediction:

• AmitzAmitz Member

Nice turban, Anthony! :)

• bnmklbnmkl Member

Panda Clap !