Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OS do you use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OS do you use?

Comments

• Ubuntu on my VPS's, Windows at work and home.

• Centos 7 and Debian 8 for production, small vps always go with Debian. personally prefer use yum rather than apt for package manager.
    Windows 10 at work and home.

• vdedivdedi Member
    edited November 2016

vps/dedi:

32bit on =<1GB ram VPS either centos6 or debian7, centos 7 and debian 8 on higher ram, centos 6 on nodes, and a few ubuntu LTS.

laptops:

all linuxmint

• I've recently migrated most of my boxes to alpine linux. It's supposed to be more secure, and it's definitely lightweight!

• Debian 8 on everything.

• CentOS 6 / 7

• Latest debian for proxmox and small server, centos 7 for others. Prefer RHEL than debian based. Bad experience with Ubuntu 14.04.

• VMWare ESXi on my home server, running one VM with XPEnology. Debian 8 x64 on Kimsufi, for plex.

• Centos 6/7 mainly - I also have a soft spot for Citrix

• Work: Windows and RHEL 6 (Cent OS 6 for testing)
    Personal: Windows and Debian 7/8 x64

• Ugh, idk how some of you use Ubuntu. I hate it!

• CentOS 7

• @Four20 said:
    Ugh, idk how some of you use Ubuntu. I hate it!

Why?

• Windows on my main servers - then on VMs I use CentOS for webservers.

• CentOS 7 on servers and Fedora on desktops/laptops.

• Windows or OSX on desktop/laptops because sorry but Linux still sucks as a desktop OS, also I like to run games on some of my machines.

Tried it several times and always end up going back to windows (other than the Macs which do run OSX), always ends up being something that ends up driving me nuts, wether it's drivers or Xorg/X11 related or just some application I want to run.

Servers are usually a Mix of Centos/Debian or Ubuntu depending on what they're doing.

On servers or embedded devices, VM hosts Linux has been really good to me, it's just on desktop/latops it's been a bigger headache than it's worth.

• Usually Centos on Debian.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Ubuntu LTS (14.04, 16.04) servers,

>

+1

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

Server? Debian/Ubuntu, depending on needs. Rarely BSD based or Windows so generally always task dependent. NEVER CentOS unless i cannot avoid it.

PC/Laptop? OSX. Best mix out of the 3 bases (Win, Lin, BSD) in my usage case.

• Debian ftw

• Hackintosh + Windows 7 on main OC, Ubuntu on my rasp. pi 2, Debian on all my Orange pi's, and CentOS on all my VPS servers

• edited November 2016

Hackintosh on all non-servers (2x Desktop 1x Laptop) because i feel OS X provides a good balance between Windows and Linux.

Ubuntu on VPS servers, CoreOS on VPS servers.

Working to move to CentOS on the non-CoreOS servers as soon as I can figure out what is wrong with their default MLS policy.

• Centos 6 or Rhel5 because has almost things

• pc home windows7
    server centos , ubuntu

• CentOS 6/7

• SUSE whenever possible.
    If the host is really crappy and leave me with no choice, Ill take centos 7.

• I run Gentoo on my primary workstation, Rockstor (in reality: CentOS) on my NAS, and on the majority of my servers I'm running Debian, except for my WHM/cPanel servers which obviously run CuntOS.

• I'm using Win7 on my home desktop, Win10 on my laptop at work and CentOS 7 on most of my test VPSes.

• On my server, i'm using CentOS
    On my laptop, i'm using Win 7 64 bit

• I'm a whore. For servers? Linux (primarily Debian, when given the choice), Free/OpenBSD, and most recently, SmartOS (Solaris 11). For desktop/laptop, I like OpenSUSE.

Debian 8 is quite stable, but that's just Debian. It's almost always stable because it is so far behind the rest of the crowd.