Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS wanted with 1GB/2GB RAM with reliable supplier (not one man band).
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS wanted with 1GB/2GB RAM with reliable supplier (not one man band).

asfandasfand Member
edited December 2011 in General

Hi i'm looking for a reliable VPS with min 1GB RAM (maybe 2GB if my budget lets me). Is there a particular supplier that anybody would recommend (dont want a one man band who dissapears a few months down the line)?

Comments

• Managed or unmanaged and what's your budget?

• @asfand said: dont want a one man band

They aren't all terrible, plenty more with multiple staff can be far worse

• What Tim said. Counting out one man companies straight away is silly there are plenty of companies run by one person that easily beat companies run by multiple staff ;-)

• Go with Ken, Ash and what was the third one?

Nothing guarantees a "company" run by more than one person (or one person with multiple personality disorder) won't disappear.

• @vedran said: (or one person with multiple personality disorder)

Come to think of it, there was recently a rather interesting thread on WHT showing that the owner of 123S and one of his "staff members" used pretty much identical spelling and grammar. There's another company to toss into that category.

• I don't think one man companys are that bad, I run support majority of the day and a have a tech working nights and my partner does the occasional fraud/sales responses.

Many smaller companys work with the clients more then the larger players in this industry.

• @EaseVPS said: Many smaller companys work with the clients more then the larger players in this industry.

Hey, Anthony hates everyone equally.

• It's his personal preference. I don't see anything wrong with that.

@asfand give us other important requirements like location, your budget, etc. to advise you better.

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited December 2011

I'm with a company running at 99% of the time by the same person, however it's old in the industry. I have to admit, I have been comfortable with them, with just very few complaints.

• I love the threads when the starter asks, we comment a lot and then he forgets to check again...

Maybe this will be one more?

Sorry for my spam :P But I have noticed this behavior recently

• @EaseVPS said: I don't think one man companys are that bad

My server builder is a retired IBM tech/engineer. It's just him although his wife helps out from time to time.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@drmike said: My server builder is a retired IBM tech/engineer. It's just him although his wife helps out from time to time.

EDNA BRING ME THE PROCESSORS. I SAID PROCESSORS NOT MUFFINS

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • @francisco
    LOL... Hilarious!

• @EaseVPS said: I don't think one man companys are that bad, I run support majority of the day and a have a tech working nights and my partner does the occasional fraud/sales responses.

This is kinda how we operate too. I do most of the support and server stuff, Adam does most of the sales and finance stuff, but we also overlap our duties. We find this gives us coverage for nearly 100% of the day. Maybe two-man teams are the key? :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

LOL... Hilarious!

I wish people would bring me muffins for a break time when i'm building nodes. But noooo, all I get are creepy looks from Matt >:(

Francisco

• @Francisco said: bring me muffins for a break time

Come out of the basement and your mom might make you muffins.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @yomero said: I love the threads when the starter asks, we comment a lot and then he forgets to check again...

Maybe because in 18 replies no-one has made a recommendation yet? :)

@asfand said: Hi i'm looking for a reliable VPS with min 1GB RAM (maybe 2GB if my budget lets me). Is there a particular supplier that anybody would recommend (dont want a one man band who dissapears a few months down the line)?

Hostigation.com. I'm 99% sure that Tim doesn't do busking.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: They aren't all terrible, plenty more with multiple staff can be far worse

Acceptable ;)

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@yomero said: I love the threads when the starter asks, we comment a lot and then he forgets to check again...

Sorry for my spam :P But I have noticed this behavior recently

sounds funny :D

• @sleddog said: Hostigation.com. I'm 99% sure that Tim doesn't do busking.

You clearly have not heard him singing in #Frantech.... it's about the level of a busker. That zombie on the front of his website is what happens when he signs you a lullaby.

• @sleddog said: Maybe because in 18 replies no-one has made a recommendation yet? :)

That's because most of the VPS providers I'd recommend are one man band. And buyVM, but they're out of stock :P

• @asfand said: Hi i'm looking for a reliable VPS with min 1GB RAM (maybe 2GB if my budget lets me). Is there a particular supplier that anybody would recommend (dont want a one man band who dissapears a few months down the line)?

I suggest you take a look at the Turnkey offers.

• BurstNET, they're around since 1996 and they have cheap prices and great support.