Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4vps changes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4vps changes

2»

Comments

• The first thing I did when I purchased my time4vps 512gb in May 2015 was check for overselling on disk. 350gb went in smoothly at 100mbit-200mbit.

Seems good. Bought another 2TB for 2yr goodies. (effective 2eu/tb-month)

I'm not the kind of LET monster that tries to torrent on a raid6 array.

It seems like they're just aligning the ownership period and incentives to their 'desired' end-user. (cold storage /archival)

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • It is what it is. You take the price scheme, you also need to accept the risks.

Thanked by 2Jorbox Waldo19
  • in my opinion a provider can take his decision before any recurring is comming , i meen if hi make the change with a time margin for the user seems legit. Also about the price you cannot handle a price for unlimited time if you cost is up or is growing.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said:
    It is what it is. You take the price scheme, you also need to accept the risks.

You mean rick.

• I mean we all know that this is not really a profitable offer from the host. So it is not good to build a business plan that depends on it.

• jcaleb said: I mean we all know that this is not really a profitable offer from the host. So it is not good to build a business plan that depends on it.

dont try to school the marketing bachelor ! how rude.

Thanked by 1Winne
  • jcaleb said: I mean we all know that this is not really a profitable offer from the host. So it is not good to build a business plan that depends on it.

nobody is selling something wich is non profitable , you can stay calm ..

• @jcaleb said:
    I mean we all know that this is not really a profitable offer from the host. So it is not good to build a business plan that depends on it.

I don't think he has? Just sounds like he's reselling to customers on an ad-hoc basis, made promises to a customer based on previous pricing, went to order and found out about the change.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Nice thread to read :) a lot of valuable feedback taken into consideration. Thank you.

Few points to cover:

• We do not change pricing or service billing cycle for existing active services. Only new orders may be affected;

• Disk overselling not gonna happen as we constantly adding more new storage nodes on demand. Each storage node is a brutal beast with 37 TB of usable disk space on RAID6 array;

@MrGeneral your concern regarding information about reseller services is heard loud and clear. Thank you for feedback, we will try to improve our reseller options.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

time4vps said: Disk overselling not gonna happen as we constantly adding more new storage nodes on demand. Each storage node is a brutal beast with 37 TB of usable disk space on RAID6 array;

So, you generate a maximum revenue of $883.56 p/year (give or take) from a 37TB node? it would take 5 years ROI on the disks alone never mind the licensing, fee's actual chassis and components.... common pull the other one.

I think what you means is... you meet the demand but you do not pre allocate storage upon purchase, or at least I hope that is what you mean because when simfs is dropped in 6 months or so its going to get messy.

Thanked by 2deadbeef jcaleb

AnthonySmith said: So, you generate a maximum revenue of $883.56 p/year

Storage servers is not intended to make fast ROI. This is "a side project" rather than main income source.

Potential customers pretty often ask us "Why it is so cheap?" and our answer "It's not cheap, it's affordable and it's affordable because why not?".

Thanked by 2deadbeef Dustlab
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

time4vps said: Storage servers is not intended to make fast ROI.

edit: removed, none of my business.

• time4vps said: Potential customers pretty often ask us "Why it is so cheap?" and our answer "It's not cheap, it's affordable and it's affordable because why not?".

For being a company of Russians in Lithuania, you guys really studied hard and understand American marketing bull. I commend you!

jiggawattz said: For being a company of Russians in Lithuania

We are not Russian company in Lithuania... Why do you think that?

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2016

I don't mean "Russian" as in owned and operated in Russia. But all my tickets have been answered by employees with Slavic (not Baltic) names (e.g., Valentine.) A company of Russian comrades - not a Russian company!

P.S. I am a content Time4VPS customer and have no (major) complaints, and I do recommend them

Valentine and Lawrence is equal to "Laurynas" and "Valentinas" which is purely Lithuanian based names :) you won't find them in Russia.

Thank you for feedback!

• Well, why don't you simply ask your clients to purchase directly from providers? Does it really make things different if you show them that you are the one providing services?

Let me tell you one thing, I freelance. Earlier this month, I suggested HostUS's 200GB ($33/year) to one of my client for her server's nightly backups. Later we found out that that plan is not in stock anymore & neither are next two so she had to go with 800GB plan which costed her more than 350% price of plan I suggested regardless of the fact that she won't even use 25% of resources.

• @time4vps said:
    Valentine and Lawrence is equal to "Laurynas" and "Valentinas" which is purely Lithuanian based names :) you won't find them in Russia.

Thank you for feedback!

So you are saying you're trying not to employ Slavic people even though they are over 15% of the population?

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2016

Valentine is a direct transliteration of Валентин, which is definitely found in Russia (and Belarus, Kaliningrad, etc.)

But you were all the same country once. Why not be proud of it? :)

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @ManofServer said:

@time4vps said:

Thank you for feedback!

So you are saying you're trying not to employ Slavic people even though they are over 15% of the population?

Yeah, he's clearly a racist who sells cheap to further his bigotry-filled agenda /sarcasm

• @ManofServer said:

Where are you getting that from??? He's just saying they aren't Russian names!

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited November 2016

@kendid said:

@ManofServer said:

Where are you getting that from??? He's just saying they aren't Russian names!

It's so cute that you think that all members here actually have functional logic processing units - new to the Internet? :)

• LOL, must be!

• Sady said: Well, why don't you simply ask your clients to purchase directly from providers? Does it really make things different if you show them that you are the one providing services?

In some situations, that's completely inappropriate and would look highly unprofessional.

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited November 2016

@kendid said:
    LOL, must be!

The only thing I noticed is that me and bro @jiggawattz have the situation obviously locked in

Thanked by 1jiggawatt
  • kendid said: Where are you getting that from??? He's just saying they aren't Russian names!

I think he heard it from the ugly little dude living under the Žaliasis tiltas.

Sady said: Well, why don't you simply ask your clients to purchase directly from providers? Does it really make things different if you show them that you are the one providing services?

I don't think providers want the non-technical client on the contact list. It makes communication a little more challenging.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jiggawattz said:

kendid said: Where are you getting that from??? He's just saying they aren't Russian names!

I think he heard it from the ugly little dude living under the Žaliasis tiltas.

Sady said: Well, why don't you simply ask your clients to purchase directly from providers? Does it really make things different if you show them that you are the one providing services?

I don't think providers want the non-technical client on the contact list. It makes communication a little more challenging.

Correct. That's the core of the business. This is just a part-time thing, only reselling. We provide extra support and one-time fees for server backup configurations, etc.

Several clients that need to backup their WordPress automatically and such.
    We'd rather keep those instead of referring sales.