Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay without having a PayPal account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pay without having a PayPal account

Recently I've received complaints from users that they can't pay without paypal account. Is it something changed in PayPal? Is it possible to allow to pay without paypal account now?

Also they ask for National ID now. I do not remember that field when I created my own personal account.

Comments

• trnj said: Also they ask for National ID now. I do not remember that field when I created my own personal account.

This depends on payer location.

trnj said: Is it possible to allow to pay without paypal account now?

No, this also depends on payer location.

Do not rely on PayPal to process CCs without a PayPal account - what you try does not work in half of Europe.

Thanked by 2trnj Clouvider
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Yup! As stated, depends on location. Looks like UAE does. US still doesn't require an account.

• paypal has different policy for different country. in eu still doesnt require an account for pay.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@trnj

If you're interested, I can hook you up with the Credit Card processor we're using.
    Only 1.20% special fee, instead of 5.3% as paypal takes.

• 56gomez56gomez Member
    edited November 2016

@Andreix said:
    @trnj

If you're interested, I can hook you up with the Credit Card processor we're using.
    Only 1.20% special fee, instead of 5.3% as paypal takes.

Just curious which credit card processor do you use?

• Looks like PayPal restricted rules this week. Because users from Dubai wrote that they were able to pay without account. Maybe the same applies to other countries now.

• This is my old thread, I forgot to answer it.

If some found this page in google, the answer is PayPal allows 5 payment without registration from one IP (maybe per day or week). Then they require to create an account.

Maybe related to security, I do not know. Took a week to investigate this issue.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Was this confirmed by PayPal?

• Same for me. tried it few days ago, and it's not possible anymore without creating account .

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Was this confirmed by PayPal?

:)
    PayPal != Help.

In this particular case, people come to Dubai (maybe only in this region), live in one apartment, use one wi-fi network and possibly pay from one credit card. After 3-5 payment PayPal requires to create an account.

Maybe they allow 3-5 payment from one IP or one credit card without registration.

You can't disable it in Control Panel or during the checkout.

• @Karlo said:
    Same for me. tried it few days ago, and it's not possible anymore without creating account .

For the experiment, try to pay from another IP

• @tnrj Then ask the person who has stayed there the longest to get a verified account.

• @WSS said:
    @tnrj Then ask the person who has stayed there the longest to get a verified account.

Nobody wants to create a PayPal account for 1-5 payments. They all want to pay without Paypal account.

• @trnj it's been a year you lazy ass

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Karlo said:
    Same for me. tried it few days ago, and it's not possible anymore without creating account .

It’s possible to pay without PayPal account, unless provider set the subscription only and in this case you need to have PayPal account!

trnj said: :) PayPal != Help.

Huh? I never had any issues with their support on the business side of thing.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Clouvider said:
    Huh? I never had any issues with their support on the business side of thing.

In my country (Kazakhstan) they allow to withdraw only to Credit Cards. And since 2016 they created hell for all users in this and neighbouring countries.

When user tries to withdraw money (they allow 2500$ at once), PayPal shows pretty informative message "Internal server error. Try again later". You can try till the next coming of Jesus.

So I have to call PayPal to the US, wait around an hour for agent and ask to fix this error.

Then I need to call again. I process around 30k monthly, so I call 3 times a week. It is a business account, it was completely approved, all documents were provided, company registration, taxation, etc.

Previously I worked in the US. PayPal works great with bank accounts, never even called (knock knock knock), but 35% taxes in the US vs 3% taxes in Kazakhstan...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

trnj said: 3% taxes in Kazakhstan...

wow very cheap taxes

I guess it's a matter of legislation not PayPal actively deterring their Customer to loose money.

I think you have nothing to complain about. It's your choice to operate out of Kazakstan after all, and you clearly know it's a completely different story in other countries.