Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Kimsufi Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking Kimsufi Reviews

If you are a current or former Kimsufi customer, please provide feedback on hosting provider.

Comments

• Servers are nice, you get what you pay for however don't expect support from OVH.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Cheap but you are generally on your own. No IPMI or other features you might get elsewhere either. All that said because they are so cheap they are popular and there is a lot of information on the web to help with stuff. If you need someone in their DC to do something though you might get frustrated.

• Bad connectivity in BHS2.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited November 2016

What is BHS2?

• alice2kalice2k Member
    edited November 2016

i sell more 500 KS

Links removed.

my client cancel this servers
    deleted in dec-jan

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited November 2016

@alice2k said:
    i sell more 500 KS

>

Links removed.

deleted in dec-jan

What does this spreadsheet show...?

• BochiBochi Member
    edited November 2016

@cheapwebdev said:

@alice2k said:
    i sell more 500 KS

Links removed.

deleted in dec-jan

What does this spreadsheet show...?

Maybe bragging about all the Kimsufis he managed to get? :P

• @cheapwebdev: Kimsufi is part of OVH and they have datacenters worldwide. BHS2 is the second datacenter in Beauharnois (Canada). It seems this datacenter suffers from some connectivity issues.

I have and have had some cheap Kimsufi servers (flash sales) and I have the impression that support in BHS is better than in France.

• @alice2k: I don't think it is a good idea to publish the IP's of these servers in your Google doc...

Thanked by 1ehab
  • worse, publishing ip's here.

@alice2k, unshare that document right now.... and feel better :)

• @ehab said:
    worse, publishing ip's here.

@alice2k, unshare that document right now.... and feel better :)

I was hinting at that ;) I guess I will give them a try when the 4.99 euro vps is available. It says VAT is not refundable for European customers. Being in the states, does that mean I can get it refunded? Has anyone asked for a refund and what was your experience?

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2016

@cheapwebdev I think you can get your VAT removed after purchase when located in the US. I have had a few 4.99 EURO VPS'es in the past but beware... they are very hard to get ... There are some services to help you in getting one (I once wrote an application that sent me a notification when available: you merely have a few minutes to get one !)

• @wlambrechts said:
    @cheapwebdev I think you can get your VAT removed after purchase when located in the US. I have had a few 4.99 EURO VPS'es in the past but beware... they are very hard to get ... There are some services to help you in getting one (I once wrote an application that sent me a notification when available: you merely have a few minutes to get one !)

Let the stalking begin.... and where did you find this application? I don't see it on their website.

• cheapwebdev said: and where did you find this application? I don't see it on their website.

You can try kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk or check.ovh.

• dirt cheap, slow support, excellent value.
    highly automated actions.

You get what you pay for.

• mtoledocemtoledoce Member
    edited November 2016

I have a lot of servers OVH/Kimsufi/SoYouStart, some of them in BHS2 (no issues but they has) ...great options, add-ons, cheap IPs (no kimsufi). For support, the fastest replies on 24hrs. Uptime 100% last year to me.

Overall 9.5/10

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@wlambrechts said:
    @cheapwebdev: Kimsufi is part of OVH and they have datacenters worldwide. BHS2 is the second datacenter in Beauharnois (Canada). It seems this datacenter suffers from some connectivity issues.

I have and have had some cheap Kimsufi servers (flash sales) and I have the impression that support in BHS is better than in France.

I have many servers in BHS2 and don't have any issues, maybe it's a problem with the cheaper switches they use for Kimsufi or congestion for the cheaper servers.

• I just have one cheap KS-4C in BHS2 but without any network issues. The server has been working great!

I haven't had to contact technical support yet, but for other things are slow to answer (more than 12h).

• Does anyone know how often they have the 4.99 euro servers for sale?

• @cheapwebdev said:
    Does anyone know how often they have the 4.99 euro servers for sale?

Almost everyday. But you have to be quick.

• Kimsufi works great if you're lucky.
    If you're not, you cancel and wait for another one to become available.

• I have removed the links to the spreadsheets containing the IPs.

• Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited November 2016

Servers Top! No Problems @ all ... have Systems from OVH/SYS/KIM since 2010 (one of the first Servers from SyS) Never had technical issues ... when it comes to support u need to call them, because tickets dont realy get fast answeres.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

Tickets have aprox 2-3 weeks respond time with answers like "No", "You can try", "We don't know". Hardware is usually beyond end of life and HDD breaking WILL happen.

Network is maxed out 24/7 so even the internal speeds between 2 servers suck.

But its a 5 USD dedi with a simple anti-ddos with unmetered traffic.. Of course its a good deal if you can manage things yourself.

• @stefeman said:
    Tickets have aprox 2-3 weeks respond time with answers like "No", "You can try", "We don't know". Hardware is usually beyond end of life and HDD breaking WILL happen.

But its a 5 USD dedi with a simple anti-ddos with unmetered traffic.. Of course its a good deal if you can manage things yourself.

It's funny.
    Recently I get answers from support team in max 1 day.

• @stefeman said:

I always have my tickets answered within 1 business day at Kimsufi

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

@sin said:

@stefeman said:

I don't have that speed even at OVH side lol

I guess its my local support office slacking.

• @sin said:

@stefeman said:

Same here.