Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which VPS Company Should I Choose? (specific requirements)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which VPS Company Should I Choose? (specific requirements)

edited April 2013 in Providers

I need a VPS that:

-Allows VPNs (VPN service)
-Has lots of bandwidth (1 Tb to unmetered is preferable).
-RAM and CPU don't matter that much.
-Is pretty cheap (at most $50 / year).

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You might want to say where you want this VPS.

• Any location is fine with me.

• MunMun Member
    edited April 2013

https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=42

--$12.00 Plan - California (3 Available) -
    128 MB of Guaranteed RAM
    256 MB of Burstable RAM
    1 CPU Core (@2.0 Ghz+)
    10 GB of Storage
    250 GB of Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    Price Locked In For Life--

Woops Sorry, missed the 500 Gig part.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I'd say these requirements are not "specific" at all, and like 80% of all LEB/LET offers qualify.

• @rm_ said: I'd say these requirements are not "specific" at all, and like 80% of all LEB/LET offers qualify.

>

What about an unmetered bandwidth lowend VPS?

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2013

Reading your username, you might not want to deal with USA servers. So I would suggest you to take a look at edis.at

Edit: Unless you are providing VPN to asian clients who has internet sensorships in place. If that is what it is, VPS's from LA would suit your need and budgetVM comes in mind.

• @Mun said: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=42

--$12.00 Plan - California (3 Available) -

128 MB of Guaranteed RAM
    256 MB of Burstable RAM
    1 CPU Core (@2.0 Ghz+)
    10 GB of Storage
    250 GB of Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    Price Locked In For Life--

Woops Sorry, missed the 500 Gig part.

I contacted them about raising the bandwidth.

• FreekFreek Member

@seriesn said: Reading your username, you might not want to deal with USA servers.

This. Neither France or Germany is something I would recommend. NL or UK.

Contact @AnthonySmith. I'm sure you can work something out with him.

• @Freek said: NL or UK.

Both are countries that are forcing ISPs to block tracker sites, force traffic to be routed through proxy servers, etc. Maybe not the best choice for @BypassCensorship

• What port speeds do you need?

• FreekFreek Member
    edited April 2013

@superpilesos said: Both are countries that are forcing ISPs to block tracker sites, force traffic to be routed through proxy servers, etc

Which country doesn't nowadays? Spain or Italy maybe?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Freek said: Which country doesn't nowadays? Spain or Italy maybe?

Basically... every European country except for NL and UK.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

There are plenty of options for those specs.

• @joepie91 said: Basically... every European country except for NL and UK.

• Norway, Denmark and Finland.
  • @Nick_A said: There are plenty of options for those specs.

How much would a bandwidth upgrade cost on Ramnode? I already have a VPS with you guys, but it only has 1 Tb (I think that would be around 400 Kbps unmetered).

• FreekFreek Member
    edited April 2013

@joepie91 said: Basically... every European country except for NL and UK.

I would rather get a VPN from NL or UK then from France or Germany with crazy fines/3 strike regulations regarding copyright

OP Why do you need Unmetered Bandwidth? Is your internet connection 100Mbit or are you panning on sharing this with 10 people?

• Doing anything in the UK is like doing it in the US - if you attract enough attention by the American government you'll just be sent there to be sentenced according to their laws
    Never been to america in your life? Doesn't matter, extradited

• @Freek said: OP Why do you need Unmetered Bandwidth? Is your internet connection 100Mbit or are you panning on sharing this with 10 people?

I'll be selling accounts to it (so 10-15 people).

@superpilesos said: Doing anything in the UK is like doing it in the US - if you attract enough attention by the American government you'll just be sent there to be sentenced according to their laws

Never been to america in your life? Doesn't matter, extradited

You're 100% right. There are many cases of that happening. Also, the whole Internet is controlled by the U.S. (DMCA law, etc).

• FreekFreek Member

@BypassCensorship said: Doing anything in the UK is like doing it in the US -

Replace with UK with any other country except for Iran or so....

• JacobJacob Member

@Freek I'm sure North Korea wouldn't mind.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@BypassCensorship said: What about an unmetered bandwidth lowend VPS?

Your post originally said: "Lots of bandwidth (500GB or 1TB, better if unmetered)", then you edited it; and there's a lot of LEB offers with 500GB b/w.

• @BypassCensorship said: Also, the whole Internet is controlled by the U.S. (DMCA law, etc).

Hah, they wish, they have nothing to say about stuff that isn't physically hosted in the US.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

@BronzeByte said: Hah, they wish, they have nothing to say about stuff that isn't physically hosted in the US.

They do because the other governments and providers outside US give them power
    More english-speaking hosts than not outside US would require a client to follow DMCA and requests from US LE to hand over info or just shut down a site
    and.. many non-US providers are hosting their site/billing in US or making backups to US <- giving the US access to everything! I would never host my billing / clientdetails or backups anywhere near the US with the way they act

• @superpilesos said: They do because the other governments and providers outside US give them power

More english-speaking hosts than not outside US would require a client to follow DMCA and requests from US LE to hand over info or just shut down a site

Exactly.

Very few hosts offshores will ignore U.S. DMCA / other legal requests.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

-=

• I went completely off-topic, I meant:
    Don't host in Germany either

• @BypassCensorship said: How much would a bandwidth upgrade cost on Ramnode? I already have a VPS with you guys, but it only has 1 Tb (I think that would be around 400 Kbps unmetered).

wouldnt that be around 3-4mbps?

• @jcaleb said: wouldnt that be around 3-4mbps?

yes but the x Mbps will probably be higher , due to how 95th percentile billing works

• @Jacob said: @Freek I'm sure North Korea wouldn't mind.

Assuming you don't get nuked.