Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TurnkeyInternet: black Friday 2016 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TurnkeyInternet: black Friday 2016

2»

Comments

• @WHT said:
    Its strange how you ressist to convert garbige in gold.

Thanked by 3WHT mtoledoce deadbeef
  • wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2016

@WHT: I can only tell about my experience ... Too bad you and some other seem to have had another kind of experience .. I tend to think negative experiences are a minority if you do some googling ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    @WHT: I can only tell about my experience ... Too bad you and some other seem to have had another kind of experience .. I tend to think negative experiences are a minority if you do some googling ...

We already understood your experience was great and you're trying to convince us they rock, but they don't. He's not the only one who had a bad experience with TurnkeyInternet and if you search LET you'll see more ;)

I had a terrific experience with them, I won't make the same mistake again.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @wlambrechts said:

I don't know what you're googling, but I got mainly bad/no reviews and only sponsored good reviews (this thread included). It seems that your positive experience is what may be considered a minority or a sponsored one...

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • ok, initially I just wanted to let LET know Black Friday has started at Turnkey (I have the BF 2015 server). Nothing more and nothing less ...

Topic closed as far as I'm concerned ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    ok, initially I just wanted to let LET know Black Friday has started at Turnkey (I have the BF 2015 server). Nothing more and nothing less ...

Topic closed as far as I'm concerned ...

You can remove it any time by asking the moderators but they cannot close it without a (real reason), we have the right to comment and that's why LET created

• @Jorbox: of course anyone has a right to comment, that's indeed what LET is for... :-)
    There is just nothing more for me to add :-)

• Back in 2012, I grabbed one of their Black Friday cPanel / WHM reseller offers for 7.5$/mo with in-network WHMCS license. After 2 years they kicked me out telling me they were losing money on my package. Without providing any logs, they told me my IP was under D-Dos and I had to leave. They let me some time to move my account. I moved and never looked back.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • Waldo19Waldo19 Member
    edited November 2016

Seems the majority of their reviews across all boards are horrible. :/

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @Waldo19 said:
    Seems the majority of their reviews across all boards are horrible. :/

Yeah, two months ago I've gave them a try just by curiosity and ordered their Cloud VPS and supposed "unlimited bandwidth". It was a horrible experience.

• @FredQc said:
    Yeah, two months ago I've gave them a try just by curiosity and ordered their Cloud VPS and supposed "unlimited bandwidth". It was a horrible experience.

Care to elaborate when you have time? Thx.

• @DreamCaster said:
    Back in 2012, I grabbed one of their Black Friday cPanel / WHM reseller offers for 7.5$/mo with in-network WHMCS license. After 2 years they kicked me out telling me they were losing money on my package. Without providing any logs, they told me my IP was under D-Dos and I had to leave. They let me some time to move my account. I moved and never looked back.

Shame on them

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Waldo19 said: Care to elaborate when you have time?

Well, included disk space was 5GB but in reality I ended up with 3GB. After OS installation I couldn't do a yum update because there where literally no space available... Garbage VPS IMHO.

• @FredQc said:

Waldo19 said: Care to elaborate when you have time?

Well, included disk space was 5GB but in reality I ended up with 3GB. After OS installation I couldn't do a yum update because there where literally no space available... Garbage VPS IMHO.

Check out tune2fs -m

• teamacc said: Check out tune2fs -m

Too late...

• CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited November 2016

@Malin said:
    Took one of their shared plans for BF last year. Put a handful of Wordpress on it and after a couple of weeks I got suspended for supposed email abuse. I asked for logs and they failed to provide any to sustain their report. Eventually they had me unsuspended and a week back suspended the account again for a Wordpress getting bruteforce. I asked for logs again and they failed to provide once again. I asked them to suspend the bare minimum in the future because if one site is affected the rest shouldn't suffer and that's what a provider with it's act together does.
    They didn't even care and suspended the sites again a while later for another supposed abuse for which they failed to provide logs.
    When I told them I will file a formal complaint with a manager for the lack of background on their claims they said I got 24 hours to move my data as they will cancel my account and give me a refund.
    Gonna do the same mistake again? I don't think so!

Thanks for that, I almost jump into a black hole.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I also had bad experience with them in 2013 I think. Was handled really badly. Though, I used some coupon for BF, which got me a cPanel VPS very cheap. Used them less than 1 month. Was bad experience.

• @CasualCanvas said:

Thanks for that, I almost jump into a black hole.

You're welcome!

• Seems the sponsored post went viral :)

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @WHT said:
    Seems the sponsored post went viral :)

• @wlambrechts can u just stop promote your own company with a fake account? ...

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2016

@Marcel40625 and could you please just stop wrongly accusing someone ? thank you !

I have been a member since March 2013 and I have been using Kimsufi, online.net, wholesaleinternet, dacentec as well in the past ... (and still do)

To be absolutely clear: I have no affiliation with Turnkey except being a happy customer !
    Or is it no longer allowed on LET to post positive feedback (note: I started my thread with just the info that Turnkey BF has started - or is no longer allowed to share this kind of info ?)

If it hadn't been for your reply: I personally already considered the topic closed - but your accusation made a very last reply necessary.

• @wlambrechts said:
    @Marcel40625 and could you please just stop wrongly accusing someone ? thank you !

I have been a member since March 2013 and I have been using Kimsufi, online.net, wholesaleinternet, dacentec as well in the past ... (and still do)

To be absolutely clear: I have no affiliation with Turnkey except being a happy customer !
    Or is it no longer allowed on LET to post positive feedback (note: I started my thread with just the info that Turnkey BF has started - or is no longer allowed to share this kind of info ?)

If it hadn't been for your reply: I personally already considered the topic closed - but your accusation made a very last reply necessary.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts