Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is OVH cheapest for IPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is OVH cheapest for IPs?

I calculated the yearly price of OVH SSD with 16 IPs comes out to $4.51 per IP per year for the first year then $2.39 per IP per year after that. Of course the limitation is 16 IPs sharing 100Mbit. Is there anything cheaper out there in ARIN or RIPE (or anywhere I guess) for say /27 or /26 that comes out to $2.39-$4.51 per IP per year?
I don't care if the IPs are blacklisted and I just need them tunneled. Justification is vaguely a type of hosting service I guess.

Comments

• How did you even calculate that? It's just a setup fee of 3$ per ip on the VPS-SSD.so first year the ips will cost you 3x16=48$. After that you just pay for the vps-ssd. Long term this is cheap, if they keep it setup-fee only of course.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Limit is actually 17, since it comes with 1 and you can add 16.

It's the cheapest we've found, we don't need much bandwidth though so the 100Mbps cap is fine.

I don't think you're going to get into that low of pricing for a /27 or /26 - since most folks on the cheap end are still between $0.50 and $1/mo for IPs. Might be able to do it with leased /24s though.

• You can't rely on OVH keeping the IP prices the same forever and not introducing monthly fees for IPs again.

• @Mathias said:
    How did you even calculate that? It's just a setup fee of 3$ per ip on the VPS-SSD.so first year the ips will cost you 3x16=48$. After that you just pay for the vps-ssd. Long term this is cheap, if they keep it setup-fee only of course.

My calculations include the price of the vps-ssd divided by the number of IPs. For my calculations I anticipate they will keep it with no monthly fees for at least 2 years, there is of course a risk they may start charging at any time.

• @Harambe said:
    Might be able to do it with leased /24s though.

How much do they go for? And what's cheapest way to get them announced?

• rds100 said: You can't rely on OVH keeping the IP prices the same forever and not introducing monthly fees for IPs again.

Ding.

OVH does not guarantee shit in pricing and is very willing to drop any size of client to enforce them.