Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else having a problem with Catalysthost today?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone else having a problem with Catalysthost today?

AverageGuyAverageGuy Member
edited April 2013 in General

I was logged into my web site via Drupal admin a bit ago and now it's not responding ( could not connect). I attempted to ssh in and it says host not reachable. Pings get the same result. I restarted via the control panel and it says it's running but still not responding. I tried to log a ticket but my email/pw isn't being accepted. I tried to reset my pw but the email never arrives. And no, the email isn't the same as the domain I'm running on their host.

Comments

• Did you try sending them an email?

• AverageGuyAverageGuy Member
    edited April 2013

Well, the only way I can communicate with them is via the ticket system and unless you are logged in the only recipient is presales. I'm going to guess the sales department won't be around until sometime Monday. I don't see an email address anywhere. Also one of there Contact Us links gives me a
    403 Forbidden

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nodes are all running fine. Let me check on WHMCS.

Should be able to log a ticket now. PHP sessions aren't clearing, /tmp is filling up, but I just cleared it and that can wait a few minutes :)

• @AverageGuy said: I'm going to guess the sales department won't be around until sometime Monday.

Jarland will rest once he is dead, till then, keep him busy.

• @jarland said: Nodes are all running fine. Let me check on WHMCS.

Guys in CatalystHost are always so quick in responding to their customers. Good work @jarland !

@seriesn said: Jarland will rest once he is dead, till then, keep him busy.

Two hours of sleep and ready for the day!

@zhuanyi said: Guys in CatalystHost are always so quick in responding to their customers. Good work @jarland !

Ty sir :D

My apologies about WHMCS though. When the website got a DDOS attack a few weeks ago we were in a rush to move it. In that rush we may have let Debian install run some defaults. If someone would care to tell me why it thinks a 1MB /tmp partition was a good default...

• Thanks, that fixed the login problem.

• Problem mentioned on an environment that is not even the helpdesk. 6 minutes later.... Problem solved. Respect! :p

• Well Debian is a little old and it ran fine on my first system with the 10 Mb hard drive. I didn't really want tmp to be any bigger than 1 Mb. :)

• Serverian, correction, half the problem is solved. I can now submit tickets, but my site is still unreachable. :)

@AverageGuy said: my first system with the 10 Mb hard drive

How did you watch netflix!? ;)

• Jarland fixed the first problem, however he's not a magician so he can't fix the other one. I'll have to yell at Comcast I think. It's a problem with the network from here to there.

@AverageGuy said: Jarland fixed the first problem, however he's not a magician so he can't fix the other one. I'll have to yell at Comcast I think. It's a problem with the network from here to there.

Well at least I can assure you that your website is up and running :)

Always happy to help where I can.

• @jarland said: Always happy to help where I can.

Took you 3 days to fix my forum login :P

@seriesn said: Took you 3 days to fix my forum login :P

I just like to see you get impatient :P

• Well, problem solved. I guess my system has a case of indigestion. Another system on the lan works fine. Think I'll reboot.

• And... @jarland wins this one.

he's such a loser.

edited April 2013

By the way @AverageGuy and anyone else reading here, you are free to email me personally or use twitter in the event that our website does not function...like later tonight. You can also text me at 903-265-4353.

• @jarland said: 903-265-4353

i will sell this to telemarketers

@jcaleb said: i will sell this to telemarketers

This is why I use texting apps that generate phone numbers ;)

• @jarland said: This is why I use texting apps that generate phone numbers ;)

Hah, I will still think of way of how to make money out of this.

Btw, good job on helping the op