Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - I always think their servers are great ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - I always think their servers are great ...

xrzxrz Member
edited November 2016 in Providers

Purchased brand new from stock at https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-sc

aaand this comes

Edit,lol : https://status.online.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=720&project=0&status=&perpage=50&order=progress&sort=asc&order2=id&sort2=desc

Hello, you HDD is slow.

We can purpose you an XC 2015 > https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2014/server-dedibox-xc
An SC SSD
Or an refund for the last month.
Sorry for this feedback.
Regards, Julien M
Technician level 2

Comments

• They want a lot of documentation for membership approval. Perhaps we are applying for citizenship in a country...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

This problem is there since for more than half a year now. And they are still "fixing" it.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited November 2016

should i paypal dispute em? i basically paid for nothing, it wont install due to "HDD"

• No you should not open a dispute.
    They are offering several solutions, pick one of them.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited November 2016

so i give em about 29€ for the order i wanted, why i should got something different when i ORDERED THE ONE I WANTED, and in return got nothing back (yes server that you can NOT install is UNUSABLE!) ? is it right? i give em some hours for fix, if not dispute em :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

It does not follow from the ticket you have referenced, that it results in servers being not able to even install an OS. That's likely some different issue, their install system is down/overloaded sometimes, so maybe that.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited November 2016

Oh and server state:

How you can install OS on BROKEN/SLOW HDD? thats not possible ;)

Let me explain, i ordered new server, tried installing it 3 times, different OS, then opened ticket, where they told me:

It seems to appear your server have some I.O. speed issues.

I forward your ticket to the concerned service.
    My colleague (the ticket i posted in my first post was from him ;) ) will come back to you on the ticket directly.
    Kind regards, Betty L.

No different issue! Check - https://status.online.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=720&project=0&status=&perpage=50&order=progress&sort=asc&order2=id&sort2=desc

**Hello,

After various complains and a serie of tests, we noticed that some SC and XC 2016 had bad performances. Only few servers are concerned.

We have identified the problem and are working to resolve it. A fix will be deployed soon. **

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited November 2016

Why don't you send a polite letter that you're not interested in their alternative because [whatever valid reason you can come up with], and that you'd like to qualify for a refund? In my experience, if you stay polite you're more likely to get something when you buy something on the internet.

• @xrz A refund is one of the choices they offered. Read again. So just tell them you want a refund and you will get it. And don't open a dispute.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited November 2016

30-60 days for refund :D with dispute i can do it a lloooooot quicker :D but problem is that if i open dispute they auto lock all my other server lol, so they got my money, and i got nothing :D well well, great businnes!

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited November 2016

xrz said: 30-60 days for refund :D with dispute i can do it a lloooooot quicker :D but problem is that if i open dispute they auto lock all my other server lol, so they got my money, and i got nothing :D well well, great businnes!

There are tonnes of reasons why you would not want to start a paypal dispute.

1. You may get your money back now, but Online.net can actually prove that they have a refund policy and that you did not comply with this. This is against PayPals motivation why disputes are made possible. Read this: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/first-dispute -- Besides that, what would you tell PayPal in your complaint? "Online.net does not want to send back the money within 5 minutes!"?

2. Your paypal account may get a bad reputation, yielding that new transactions may be blocked in the future. As far as I know there is no public list of shame, so that will only go up for orders at Online.net and related companies.

3. You don't make friends like this.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • xrz said: 30-60 days for refund :D with dispute i can do it a lloooooot quicker :D but problem is that if i open dispute they auto lock all my other server lol, so they got my money, and i got nothing :D well well, great businnes!

Smiley smiley. They are giving you good options and clearly it's not a 'new' thing you've encountered. Charging back against a communicative and fair provider is just being a dick. Are you old enough to be making transactions with grown up companies ? :D :) :P

Thanked by 3rm_ luissousa KillaKev