Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Monitoring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Monitoring

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What do you guys use? Looking for a hosted application, not self-hosted.
Need it to have agent for easy installation and such, for a reasonable price.

Comments

• M_OrdinateurM_Ordinateur Member
    edited November 2016
    • Nixstats - @vfuse
    • @NodePing
    • DataDog
    • cloudstats.me
    • srvtrack
    • Pinguzo (by the makers of Virtualizor)
    • Site24x7 (a Zoho product)

Not cheap

• Monitis
    • Server Density
    • Zenoss
  • again....

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you!

@M_Ordinateur said:

• Nixstats - @vfuse
    • @NodePing
    • DataDog
    • cloudstats.me
    • srvtrack
    • Pinguzo (by the makers of Virtualizor)
    • Site24x7 (a Zoho product)

Not cheap

• Monitis
    • Server Density
    • Zenoss

Really useful list, thank you very much :-)

• Also check out Mist.io - It's good for managing a hybrid cloud (multiple infra points like Azure, AWS, Private Cloud, or Baremetal)

• Also check out Mist.io - It's good for managing a hybrid cloud (multiple infra points like Azure, AWS, Private Cloud, or Baremetal)

Woah, at $150/month it better be good. Not ideal for a low-end solution though.

• luper769luper769 Member
    edited November 2016

I have been using Mist.io for about a year and it was free at that time(for up to 5 machines)
    EDIT: it is still free for up to 5 machines, although pretty well hidden(@pricing FAQ): https://mist.io/pricing

Thanked by 1jaden
  • DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

jaden said: Woah, at $150/month it better be good. Not ideal for a low-end solution though.

I mentioned it as he's looking for a SaaS solution, their SaaS offerings is definitely not a low-end solution.

However, they are also opensource (or have a community edition with less features atleast) - https://github.com/mistio.

When a 'low-end' solution is required, it's best to always go for an opensource self hosted solution - generally comes with no support, so you must be technical and quick to adapt.

@MrGeneral, if you're looking to manage infra - mist.io works well, if you're looking to manage applications (PHP, Java, etc.) go for something like New Relics

• Mist.io looks promising, but they only support 17 specific providers, so if yours is not in the list, you're out of luck.

• @luper769 said: I have been using Mist.io for about a year and it was free at that time(for up to 5 machines)
    EDIT: it is still free for up to 5 machines, although pretty well hidden(@pricing FAQ): https://mist.io/pricing

I could have sworn there were just 3 boxes earlier today ($150/month and up) but now I see the free option too.

They must be monitoring this thread! :)

Thanked by 1luper769
  • +1 for mist.io
    Also use Rancher for creating and monitoring docker containers.