Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Courier-Imap on Apache CentOS VPS with Kloxo is not working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Courier-Imap on Apache CentOS VPS with Kloxo is not working

luckyshah283luckyshah283 Member
edited April 2013 in Help

I am having a problem with my email service... the courier-imap seems to be not working. Whenever i enable it via Kloxo panel .. It seems to stop itself. I tried to restart via SSH but no luck...

It outputs the following code..

[root@server1 ~]# service courier-imap restart

Stopping Courier-Imap:
Starting Courier-Imap: /etc/init.d/courier-imap: line 29: cd: /var/qmail/supervise/authlib/: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access run': No such file or directory /etc/init.d/courier-imap: line 33: cd: /var/qmail/supervise/pop3/: No such file or directory chmod: cannot accessrun': No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: line 37: cd: /var/qmail/supervise/pop3-ssl/: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access run': No such file or directory /etc/init.d/courier-imap: line 41: cd: /var/qmail/supervise/imap4/: No such file or directory chmod: cannot accessrun': No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: line 45: cd: /var/qmail/supervise/imap4-ssl/: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `run': No such file or directory

Any solutions for this problem...

Comments

• It's normal

• Well... Are there always problems with Kloxo.. I can't login to Webmail now.. The Horde Webmail is not working and its redirecting to Roundcude... And it's not logging in..

Any help ?

• MuZoMuZo Member

(Get away from kloxo, old and bad!)

• What Kloxo version do you have? 6.1.12 is not stable.
    In kloxo courier-imap is supervised by qmail so if you type
    ps -aux and you find
    /usr/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/sbin/imaplogin /usr/bin/imapd Maildir
    and
    /usr/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/sbin/pop3login /usr/bin/pop3d Maildir
    then it is working.

The problem is since 6.1.10, horde is disabled from kloxo. But if you know some php then you can manually install and fork several files.

• MunMun Member

Do it yourself, not via a control panel. You will learn a ton and not be an 'idiot' to its own setup configs.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited April 2013

@luckyshah283 Yes, @Mun is right, you can learn a lot of things when you set things up manually. You can try installation scripts or you can follow many tutorials.
    Moreover, nowadays there are good repositories for many distros out there, and they are freeeeeee :D