Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leapswitch opens New office - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leapswitch opens New office

2»

Comments

• @leapswitch said:

@dotted said:
    No personal space ? No desks ? No drawers ? Looks good and all but more like a campaign hq. +No designated seats/desks/offices ? imo, it's gonna generate some problems so prepare your HR policies. Not all your coworkers are likable and this is gonna lead to the same scenarios in a cafeteria ... Also, I hope you thought about buying trash cans, nobody thinks about them till they need them!

Separate section for lockers/storage. Separate for trash, separate pantry/recreation room.

Guess that rules out eating my lunch at my desk.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2016

Congrats.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • DrFallen said: Guess that rules out eating my lunch at my desk.

If I couldn't eat at my desk I'd have starved to death about 7 years ago.

However, the fact I can eat at my desk is slowly but surely making me a fat cunt, probably condemning me to an early grave.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Congrats Ishan!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @Nekki said:

DrFallen said: Guess that rules out eating my lunch at my desk.

However, the fact I can eat at my desk is slowly but surely making me a fat cunt, probably condemning me to an early grave.

Right? And you always get those who take in a salad because you they want to be healthy. Like for real that's your solution.

• Congrats guys.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Congratulations my fellow friend Ishan.
    Proud of you, as I've mentioned to you many times.

We're also building a NOC in Portugal, although it'll be a little different concept.

Good luck for your expansion!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

DrFallen said: Guess that rules out eating my lunch at my desk.

@Nekki give a try to Jayne @ http://www.bodychef.com. They deliver within M25 and it's quite a tasty diet :-).

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Many Many congratulations !

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Congrats Ishan and your great team @ @leapswitch

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    @Nekki give a try to Jayne @ http://www.bodychef.com. They deliver within M25 and it's quite a tasty diet :-).

Healthy food tastes shit though.

• congrats on your success :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • pcanpcan Member
    edited November 2016

leapswitch said: We at LeapSwitch inaugurated our new office some time ago.

Nice setup! I'm always interested to see how people organize the office. On our company we came to a similar layout a while ago, but the tables are a designer thing with irregular shape, this way there is a little bit more space on the desk for papers and such, because the space behind the screen on a conventional table is basically wasted. On this table we can arrange the screen to avoid reflection from windows and ceiling lights. The shape also avoids the "cafeteria" effect mentioned by rm_ .

One seat at each table is purposefully empty, this way is easy to bring the laptop to a collegue and work on a shared project when needed. I equipped all tables with electrical strips on top, this way is easy to connect/disconnect the laptop power supply. On some tables, I've gone a step further and they are equipped with thin clients (basically a small Intel NUC with a locked down Ubuntu install). The user does not even need to bring the laptop, it can simply log via RDP to their desktop from any seat. It's also appreciated by people that come from other offices/buildings when working on a shared project.

I don't see workgroup network print/scan multifunction copiers in this setup. Are they on one side of the room or at the center?

rm_ said: working every day at a small table with 3 other people seems like a nightmare.

I once had a personal office but I like the open space setup with shared tables more. In our 400 people company not even the current CEO has a private office anymore; it nominally has one traditional corner office with glass walls on the top floor of the main building but it's never there. To check emails and do general office work it sits with the laptop at one of the tables (but it does not share it with anyone else). The only remaining traditional office still in use is the chief accountant - a 60+ years old man that also still uses our last surviving mainframe line printer. I tried to convince it to use the new laser printer thing, but no way.

trewq said: You should consider getting monitors, keyboard and mice for those stations otherwise people will get RSI very quickly from just working on laptops.

The work law of my country actually mandates that any people that use the laptop more than 20 hours at week should have a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. This is basically a no-brainer choice, the cost of a 23 or 24 inch monitor is immediately repaid by the increase in productivity (easy to check). Our current setup is two 27 inch (2k) monitors for CAD workers, and dual monitor (23 plus a 19 inch) for general office work on thin client seats. The small monitor is often used to glance at emails.

• edited November 2016

Nekki said: I'm assuming the guy in the green polo with blue stripes is pretty important, right?

>

That is Karthik from We3Cares, the other one is Sabarish (both are owners and managers of We3Cares, Sabarish also is the VP of AltusHost).

@leapswitch I'm curious the relationship between Leapswitch and We3cares - are you using We3Cares techs and they're working out of your Pune office? Or sharing an office together now?

• Oh, people working in offices, like my guys... cba to do that.

I'm just not made for an office; i smoke at my desk, take an hour break to fuck, techno or hardstyle and similar running permanently.... more party than office most of the time but still major productive ;)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

pcan said: I once had a personal office but I like the open space setup with shared tables more.

It doesn't have to be that only a personal office is countered to open space shared small tables -- that's just two extremes. There are much more options in between, and even the cubicle setups would be much nicer than having to sit right next to another person and face two more at an arm's reach.

Of course this doesn't let you cram as much people into the room as those cafeteria tables.

• Good work. Good halal earnings.

Thanked by 1DigitalFyre
  • @rds100 said:

Lunar said: Those tables seem kinda small.

Most indians are not fat, unlike the people in some other countries.

Did you mean the United States?

• Congratulations on your new office, @Leapswitch! I wish you and your team the best of luck!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@QuadraNet_Adam said:

Nekki said: I'm assuming the guy in the green polo with blue stripes is pretty important, right?

>

That is Karthik from We3Cares, the other one is Sabarish (both are owners and managers of We3Cares, Sabarish also is the VP of AltusHost).

@leapswitch I'm curious the relationship between Leapswitch and We3cares - are you using We3Cares techs and they're working out of your Pune office? Or sharing an office together now?

They work from a Bangalore based office. We have been using a team from We3cares to complement our Pune team since many years.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Big world news! must seen on CNN (sarkasm) Always wondering how these guys handle rent and payouts to workers on this business.

@jenkki said:
    Big world news! must seen on CNN (sarkasm) Always wondering how these guys handle rent and payouts to workers on this business.

Because hosting is a very profitable business :)

@rm_ said:
    Hm working every day at a small table with 3 other people seems like a nightmare. The first room looks more like cafeteria than anything else. My first thought was to ask, "oh is that the dining area"

Also from counting chairs you have about 30 people in the same smallish open space, it will get noisy and hard to concentrate, especially when some will work on the phones with customers, and others try to program or write.

trewq said: I feel more productive when I'm less comfortable.

You should subcontract someone to scream, poke you with a sharp stick and kick you while you are working.

Our previous office was divided into cubicles, after taking input from my staff we designed it like this. Customer calls and support are in a separate room. There is also a large conference and 2 cabins if someone wants to do their work in a quiet environment.

I don't use the cabin much, I prefer sitting with my sales team or in the NOC, especially when shit hits the fan.

• Nice setup. Good luck!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Best of luck and congratulations :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@leapswitch - First, congratulations for new office. Where is Computer? I mean what you guys will do on desk without PC?

@DewlanceVPS said:
    @leapswitch - First, congratulations for new office. Where is Computer? I mean what you guys will do on desk without PC?

Only the NOC has fixed PCs. Rest of the team are on laptops. These photos are from the inauguration day. We moved in couple of days later.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Good luck guys!

Thanked by 1leapswitch