Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gsuite and whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

gsuite and whmcs

Hi folks,

I'm trying to setup gsuite to fetch the support emails from gmail.com, however, which is damn strange is, one account is working, the rest is not working, which i do not understand the logic,

1, i setup same password on all accounts
2, i enabled to each account pop and smtp

the results from whmcs are:

POP Import Log

Date: 12/11/2016 15:16:08

Host: pop.gmail.com
Email: [email protected]

Mailbox is empty

Email: [email protected]
Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: [AUTH] Web login required: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754Host: pop.gmail.com

i doubled check everything, and all looks fine, same settings as first account, same on the second and the third.

i do not understand the logic, why the first account works fine, and the rest of accounts won't work.

did anyone of you had this issue before? where is the catch here?

Comments

• Just a hunch, have you logged into the web interface for all accounts at least once?

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited November 2016

racksx said: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: [AUTH] Web login required: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754Host: pop.gmail.com

Did you visit that link? The solution is in step 2 troubleshooting. I suggest starting by enabling "less secure apps". You also have to allow pop3 access in gmail settings. By default imap and pop3 access is disabled.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Gmail is finicky and often requires flagging on allow less secure apps.
    https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/security/lesssecureapps

• @Ishaq, yes i have to in order to enable pop/smtp
    @Abdussamad @Weblogics did that, and is working, however why the first account is working fine without doing anything? damn strange.

• Nice that you got it solved. At work, we see this all too often and have sent multiple reports to Google in regards which has fallen on deaf ears. Along with many other gmail related problems, we no longer recommend to our clients to use gmail as their email provider.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

If you just set up gsuite you will need to log into each of those emails accounts the first time. It will make you put a phone number in to verify the account. If no the email account will be suspended after a few hours.

• @CenTexHosting said:
    If you just set up gsuite you will need to log into each of those emails accounts the first time. It will make you put a phone number in to verify the account. If no the email account will be suspended after a few hours.

That is not the problem as the OP issue also occurs with regular gmail accounts too. We have fought this with Google support (which is terrible) as it affects hundreds of our clients that have used gmail pop3 and smtp for years with no changes then all of a sudden, we need to have them flag "allow less secure apps" which fixes it for awhile until other gmail auth problems crop up. Again, we no longer recommend gmail for our clients.

• With Gsuite & WHMCS - do you need a separate Gsuite user for each department - e.g. accounts@, sales@, support@ - must each have their own gsuite user @ $5 month? Or can you use some form of addon domain method in gsuite? Or I guess the other alternative is a single department if you only want to pay for the one Gsuite user?