Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody got any reviews of NorthHosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody got any reviews of NorthHosts?

I like one of their offers but can't find many reviews for their VPS offerings, anybody tried them out?

Comments

• I had a dedi there for a few months, didn't use it extensively but no complaints in terms of the network and being a dedi obviously the server did what it said on the tin.

We had a few niggles in getting the server setup due to the way their Debian image worked, but my ticket was picked up quickly and resolved pretty quickly (basically they installed the OS for me as the template required manual intervention but the installation system was via a panel with no KVM).

Anecdotal evidence obviously, but there were certainly no warning signs in my time with them.

• We saw poor uptime in Coventry and no ipv6 so we're no longer a customer.

• Like Nekki, I have a server with them with no extensive usage. But, it is always up, they have pretty fast support and the bench I did (I cannot find it atm) was good.

• VPS ordered, wait two days for provision, refunded. Shared hosting still working.

• I use their shared hosting and nothing dramatic to report. I do also remember something quirky about their setup but it was nothing huge, can't remember specifically what it was.

• Ive had a VPS with them for several months now and had no problems.

• HybridHybrid Member
    edited November 2016

I have a 512mb ram vps there with LEMP and around 10000 pageviews per day, no complaints so far, running super smooth for around 7months

• @jenkki said:
    VPS ordered, wait two days for provision, refunded. Shared hosting still working.

Im not sure what happened there Jenkki - vps are automatically provisioned unless you put an invalid hostname ( happens alot) - I also don't recall your order, if you need any assistance just drop me a pm on here. Cheers!

• Got to say @northhosts are shit. London is fucking north xD

• @OpticalSwoosh said:
    Got to say @northhosts are shit. London is fucking north xD

London isn't North, its actually South, and since we've just built a datacentre in Wigan its very much North. Thanks for your kind words though, they where lovely.

Thanked by 2jvnadr switsys
  • northhosts said: and since we've just built a datacentre in Wigan its very much North.

More info - what kind of spec?

• Its a tier 2 small facility with redundant network, UPS and generators. We are using evaporative cooling and have space for around 40 racks. Thats due to power limitations we have alot more space! .

Thanked by 2Zen J1021
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited November 2016

northhosts said: Its a tier 2 small facility with redundant network, UPS and generators. We are using evaporative cooling and have space for around 40 racks. Thats due to power limitations we have alot more space! .

What power density have you got per rack? Are you looking to rent the space for colo customers? What is connectivity like?

Why not just take rack space in a commercial data centre?

Not bashing - just interested in your endeavors.

• @northhosts said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Got to say @northhosts are shit. London is fucking north xD

London isn't North, its actually South, and since we've just built a datacentre in Wigan its very much North. Thanks for your kind words though, they where lovely.

Thats better ^_^

Please check your PMs

• Hi @Jack, Wigan town centre - it's in a mill. @Kcaj density is 16 amps per rack, connectivity is 2 x point to point 1gb lines at the min. We will offer Colo yes and regarding why - more control, lower overheads and scalability.