Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Fix 500 Internal Server Error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to Fix 500 Internal Server Error

There can be a great deal of reasons why your site may give back a disturbing "500 Internal Server Error" to you and your site guests.

However the two most basic reasons are:

1) A Permissions issue. As a rule, a 500 Internal Server Error is because of an inaccurately set consents on at least one records or organizers. Much of the time, an off base authorization on a PHP or CGI script is to be faulted.

2) A Coding Error in a record called ".htaccess". On the off chance that you are certain that your document/envelope authorizations are setup legitimately (according to our record consents article above) make certain to watch that your site's .htaccess document is appropriately organized. On the off chance that you have as of late transferred new changes to your webpage, you may have inadvertently overwritten a current .htaccess record situated in at least one of your site organizers.

In case you're running WordPress, Joomla, or another substance administration or CMS framework, make sure to check their discussions/bolster site for more particular information on investigating a 500 Internal Server Error. These stages depend intensely on the utilization of standards situated in .htaccess - and there are different reasons why .htaccess may break these applications.

An article on the best way to alter WordPress .htaccess document is accessible at:

https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Comments

• FoulFoul Member
    edited November 2016

This isn't a tutorial at all on how to fix 500 error...............

Nor is it always related to .htaccess .........

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Try to check error log first

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • What robohost said. The error log is where to get further information. Especially so with WP etc who hide the ugly 'real-world' error output for a more general "oops something went wrong" message.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Best thing to do is just enable php error messages on your scripts so that you can better troubleshoot it, sometimes is due to the memory usage by the app.

• How to fix this tutorial error?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2016

can be the following issues:

• currrent hosting don't support some features in .htaccess
    • current host don't support the .htaccess files (yes, host do, I can provide example!)
    • PHP code errors
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WebProject said: can be the following issues:

• currrent hosting don't support some features in .htaccess
    • current host don't support the .htaccess files (yes, host do, I can provide example!)
    • PHP code errors

My golang web server gives off a 500 Internal Server Error in some cases, and it's not due to any of these causes.

My nginx-based web site can give off a 500 ISE, and it's not using any .htaccess.

Etc. 500 ISE is an http status code that is suggested to be used in some situations by the server. That's about all you can say without knowing specifics.

• @simdia said:
    There can be a great deal of reasons why your site may give back a disturbing "500 Internal Server Error" to you and your site guests.

However the two most basic reasons are:

1) A Permissions issue. As a rule, a 500 Internal Server Error is because of an inaccurately set consents on at least one records or organizers. Much of the time, an off base authorization on a PHP or CGI script is to be faulted.

2) A Coding Error in a record called ".htaccess". On the off chance that you are certain that your document/envelope authorizations are setup legitimately (according to our record consents article above) make certain to watch that your site's .htaccess document is appropriately organized. On the off chance that you have as of late transferred new changes to your webpage, you may have inadvertently overwritten a current .htaccess record situated in at least one of your site organizers.

In case you're running WordPress, Joomla, or another substance administration or CMS framework, make sure to check their discussions/bolster site for more particular information on investigating a 500 Internal Server Error. These stages depend intensely on the utilization of standards situated in .htaccess - and there are different reasons why .htaccess may break these applications.

An article on the best way to alter WordPress .htaccess document is accessible at:

https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

I believe this error should on occur in development mode

As this error majority times shows that there is an error in configuration it can be htaccess or PHP ....

I believe if you are running nginx infront of Apache as proxy server...

This error comes when apache is not running...

So plenty of cases...:-)

• 90% of the time its php error

• KupolKupol Member
    edited November 2016

@Jorbox said:
    90% of the time its php error

What, if I run a servlet?!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Kupol said: @Jorbox said: 90% of the time its php error

What, if I run a servlet?!

It's still a php error. That's how bad php is.

Thanked by 1Jorbox