Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Customer Service @ SSDBlaze.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good Customer Service @ SSDBlaze.com

It seemed the longer I was with my original host the more issues I had. I decided it was time to get away after a recent negative encounter with them. I started searching for Dedicated Servers here on LowEndTalk and was messaged shortly after by Noah from http://SSDBlaze.com/

Talking with Noah was like talking to an old friend you haven't talked to in ages. It was a very personalized experience. I didnt feel as though I was talking to a robot with canned messages or a meat bag trying to make a sell.

It was rather troublesome moving away from my old host. Connections kept dropping, Slow transfer rates and not to mention loss of data. Noah made it much easier to deal with these issues while keeping a cool and relaxed attitude no matter how frustrating.

Noah definitely thinks outside the box and is willing to go the extra mile to make a customer happy.

I wanted to toss a shout out to LowEndTalk for having such website available. It made finding a new dedicated server very easy. Thank you LET!

I purchased a dedicated server with the following specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1230v3
1TB HDD (which almost seems like an SSD)
16GB of ram
1GB/s Connection
Custom OS

At almost half the price of my previous host.

Thanked by 2SSDBlaze ucxo

Comments

• Joined November 9th. Just sayin^^

• MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
    edited November 2016

Ive been lurking for probably years... Since the days RaidLogic started up. I bought one of their services for 14 bucks, And spent 3x more than that on peripherals that got thrown out the window because of them.

Then the name changing that happen afterwards , with the buyout and then the new name and the same people and the drama, OHHH the drama...

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • lustixlustix Member
    edited November 2016
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Thank you! @Morpheusxeno

I am glad we were able to move you in so quickly and solve your issue.

Thanked by 1Morpheusxeno
  • Totally not a paid review . Shilling at it's finest from new users.

• 1TB HDD (which almost seems like an SSD)

What the ? ...

How ?

• @noaman said:

What the ? ...

How ?

Put a "samsung 950 pro" sticker on a hdd, and it looks like an ssd.

Thanked by 2zafouhar doghouch
  • @Morpheusxeno said:
    Ive been lurking for probably years...

What on Earth made you create this account then?

Thanked by 2cubedata mehargags
  • Because you cant post without having an account @.@ - How would I ever have posted I was looking for a server...

edited November 2016

@noaman said:

What the ? ...

How ?

Sustained 100MB write to hardrive was pretty nice to see. Granted Ive not personally used a hardrive in 8 years. Ive done web hosting for the most part and usually distances+web lower the upload/download speeds to 10MB/s

Is that a thing now ? Sustained 100MB write to a hardrive ? Didnt think that was a thing... Most hardrives I have seen on servers sustained write around 35-45MB/s

• OPs actual server issue - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/96438/1gbp-s-only-yielding-1-1mb-s

Before this shout out.

• Thanks ATHK, and here is my posting looking for a dedicated server - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/96392/need-dedicated-server#latest

edited November 2016

@Foul said:
    Totally not a paid review . Shilling at it's finest from new users.

I understand why your name is Foul. It makes complete sense. But to say this is a paid review not only effects the view of a company, but myself as well. Im not a person to leave reviews. Its not something I usually do. Im usually not even a person that complains.

What I really enjoyed about LowEndTalk was their rules. Their rules state, Dont be a dick. and not just once, Multiple times. I like how they made easy access of the rules on the right side , That little navigation bar there. They also went as far to say "Provider lives matter" Saying that this is a paid review is going directly against that rule. Your hurting his reputation by saying that.

For good measure. Here is the inital conversation I had with SSDBlaze.
    http://i.imgur.com/ojQYjfW.png

And for administrators to easily find the message here is a link to the conversation.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/messages/137465/#Item_2

And Foul... Please bud. Stop being a dick.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry for the offtopic, but based on your avatar @MorpheusXeno - do you play WoW? :)

• @Radi said:
    Sorry for the offtopic, but based on your avatar @MorpheusXeno - do you play WoW? :)

I used to for almost 12 years straight, Just quit recently. The latest changes to the game have left me looking for something fresh to play.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Radi said: Sorry for the offtopic, but based on your avatar @MorpheusXeno - do you play WoW? :)

wow ,can we play today ?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Morpheusxeno said: Is that a thing now ? Sustained 100MB write to a hardrive ?

Yes, some harddrives can even reach up to 200MB/s sequential write speed.

Morpheusxeno said: looking for something fresh to play.

Try Path of Exile

edited November 2016

@exception0x876 said:

Morpheusxeno said: Is that a thing now ? Sustained 100MB write to a hardrive ?

Yes, some harddrives can even reach up to 200MB/s sequential write speed.

Morpheusxeno said: looking for something fresh to play.

Try Path of Exile

This topic is going to derail so hard...

Path of Exile - Max Scion, prob about 1k hours on it.

Diablo 3 - GR 92

Battfield 1 - Rank 38 (just started playing this)

Overwatch = Garbage

CS:GO - 882 hours

Ark Survival - 668 hours

Doom 4 - 315 Hours

Gmod - 971 Hours

Global Agenda - 92 Hours

L4D1 - 1011 Hours

L4D2 - 127 Hours

Portal 1 - 2 Hours

Portal 2 - 57 Hours

Rust - 1752 Hours

Saints Row - 3 hour (ew)

Most of these games I host game servers for probably why I have so much time. I think I am just getting burnt out on games really. Battlefield 1 seems to be my focus right now but some of the stupid things that are happening in it totally kill it for me.

Medics not attempting to rez
    Players instantly skipping their death so medics cant rez
    Support not dropping ammo
    Medics not dropping medipacks
    Random players sharing a camping spot with you and giving your position away.
    Squads not sticking together

Overall the game still fun but if those things were resolved game would be 11/10 but I'd have to say its some where around 5/7 right now...

Wait... am I ranting ?