Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone match OVH VPS SSD 2 pricing ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone match OVH VPS SSD 2 pricing ?

Title says it all, please post your offer here ... European location preferred, looking forward to @Ishaq 's offer in NL :)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• i can do the same but open vz , located in Romania and the port speed will be 1gbps

• UltraVPS.eu / providerservice SSD cloud vps in 4 locations :

Not an exact match, but as close as you can get IMO

More than twice the SSD disk (2C/4G-ram/50GB SSD ) = 7.56 Euros(without VAT)

Info: https://www.providerservice.com/products/cloud-server/

Thanked by 2bersy UltraVPS
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Pricing? no, performance? yep.

Thanked by 2GCat gestiondbi
  • Can anyone match OVH VPS SSD 2 pricing ?

Sure, Scaleway - 4GB/100GB-SSD KVM for €6/m, for example.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Why not just get the VPS-SSD itself?
    You're unlikely to get a match worthy enough in all of price, performance AND reliability.
    On top of that, nobody will match the DDOS protection, or the ability to add 16 addon IPs with no monthly fee.

Thanked by 2bersy GCat
  • niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

I can match it:
    4 GB Ram, 1x 3.5 GHz (E5 1650v2), 20 GB SSD, 1 TB Traffic @ 1 Gbps
    https://cloud.nodion.com/machines/new?code=XINV96V3G8&plan_id=33

Location is Frankfurt, Germany. Voxility Anti DDoS protection is included at no additional cost. We are using KVM.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @nik said:
    I can match it:

Location is Frankfurt, Germany. Voxility Anti DDoS protection is included at no additional cost. We are using KVM.

I have to register to see the plan details and pricing, cool.

edited November 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

@nik said:
    I can match it:

It's a custom plan I just created for him. You can get all regular information on our website www.nodion.com. Feel free to ask any question or join our live chat :-)

• @rm_ said:
    You're unlikely to get a match worthy enough in all of price, performance AND reliability.
    On top of that, nobody will match the DDOS protection, or the ability to add 16 addon IPs with no monthly fee.

How is the performance wise? Production use ready?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @nik said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@nik said:
    I can match it:

It's a custom plan I just created for him. You can get all regular information on our website www.nodion.com. Feel free to ask any question or join our live chat :-)

Point is, I should be able to see the plan details and pricing before I proceed to checkout and then create my account, just like any other provider. NOT create the account first then choose the plan. I guess it doesn't matter too much for most people, but it's annoying to see login first before continuing.

edited November 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

@nik said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@nik said:
    I can match it:

Point is, I should be able to see the plan details and pricing before I proceed to checkout and then create my account, just like any other provider. NOT create the account first then choose the plan. I guess it doesn't matter too much for most people, but it's annoying to see login first before continuing.

I understand your point. And it makes sense on one side, on the other the "just like any other provider" point is not correct though. Look at DO, Vultr, Linode, AWS, Google Cloud, etc etc.: You have to sign up and than can create a VPS. It's basically the same with us, the only difference is that we have special deals that are not visible on our website and can only be ordered with a coupon/direct link. The plan description is exactly what I wrote in my previous post:

1 vCPU with 3.5 GHz
    4 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps
    Voxility Anti DDoS protection
    For 7 EUR / Mo.

Every other feature or info can be viewed on our regular website since it's just like all other plans but with custom specs. But I understand your point. :-)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

nik said: Look at DO, Vultr, Linode, AWS, Google Cloud, etc etc.: You have to sign up and than can create a VPS.

On all of those pricing is public. Yours is not just accessible only after registration, but also not even a price match that was requested.

nik said: For 7 EUR / Mo.

That's very funny, considering the VPS-SSD 2 is 5.99 EUR https://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/vps-ssd.xml

• and unmetered bandwidth, by the way.
    Thanked by 1GCat

@rm_ said:

nik said: Look at DO, Vultr, Linode, AWS, Google Cloud, etc etc.: You have to sign up and than can create a VPS.

On all of those pricing is public. Yours is not just accessible only after registration, but also not even a price match that was requested.

nik said: For 7 EUR / Mo.

That's very funny, considering the VPS-SSD 2 is 5.99 EUR https://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/vps-ssd.xml

• and unmetered bandwidth, by the way.

Oh, the german website included the VAT by default. My mistake. I have lowered the price from 7 EUR to 6 EUR, same URL.

• rm_ said: That's very funny, considering the VPS-SSD 2 is 5.99 EUR

VPS-SSD2 is 7,19 € TTC (that is to say with VAT)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2016

We can do the following:

SSD-20 VPS

- 20GB Pure Raid Protected SSD;

- 1GB RAM;

- 1 Gbps Shared Port Speed;

- 4 vCPU Fair Use (2.66 GHz+);

- Unmetered Bandwidth;

- 1 IPv4 Address;

£5.00/mo

More information about other SSD plans at URL: https://web-project.co.uk/pure-ssd-vps-hosting

• We have no interest in competing with major corporations. We are happy with our client base and treat our customers as humans rather than numbers ;-)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@TheKiller said:

@rm_ said:

No. Performance are not stable at all. Got a few VPS with them and some simply lost network out of nowhere with support never able to fix it. It's reliable enough, but I will not class them as Production ready. This is valid for the regular line and cloud vps.

Thanked by 2GCat vimalware
  • WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited November 2016

@TheKiller said:

>
    >

@davidgestiondbi said:
    No. Performance are not stable at all. Got a few VPS with them and some simply lost network out of nowhere with support never able to fix it. It's reliable enough, but I will not class them as Production ready. This is valid for the regular line and cloud vps.

I have production systems on OVH VPS -both regular and public cloud based. Zero issues since I started using them in January of this year.

For the OP. Pricing is not everything. The VPS industry is a revolving door with many providers starting and quitting every month and it is very difficult to ascertain which provider might still be in business for any length of time.

In fact, the are only providers I use are (and in no particular order): Buyvm, Mycustomhosting, OVH and Ramnode. These 4 providers have proven (to me) that they offer reliable systems and will be in business 6 months from now.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ishaq said:
    We have no interest in competing with major corporations. We are happy with our client base and treat our customers as humans rather than numbers ;-)

I IDENTIFY AS A NUMBER.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    I IDENTIFY AS A NUMBER.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@Ishaq said:
    We have no interest in competing with major corporations. We are happy with our client base and treat our customers as humans rather than numbers ;-)

I IDENTIFY AS A NUMBER.

Francisco

Keep it calm agent 47