Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incredibly cheap storage VPSes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incredibly cheap storage VPSes

2»

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

vdedi said: no annual discount?

I double checked, it's 50% off annual without coupon. No further discount can be applied.

• I'll do you one better.. here is a dedicated server - https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• As much as I regret and am preparing my asshole but maybe get some delimiter storage mounted with fuse on a LA VPS?

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I'll do you one better.. here is a dedicated server - https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Won't work for him as he had problems previously with them. What about SYS arm storage?

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    I'll do you one better.. here is a dedicated server - https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Won't work for him as he had problems previously with them. What about SYS arm storage?

He never brought them up, how do you know?

• @cheapwebdev said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@cheapwebdev said:

He never brought them up, how do you know?

I chat to him often and I know that but also a while back he made this thread.

• @VENETX said:
    We do have a STORAGE VPS for as low as $9.99/month for 1TB Disk Space
    https://client.hostslayer.com/cart.php?gid=6

We can negotiate the pricing if you think its too high.

I took a peek at your TOS and it seems like off site backup/storage isn't an allowed use case. Otherwise, your pricing seems pretty aggressive.

• Time4VPS network speed is constant issue. Often getting around 10Mbit/s or 1MB/s. That might be fine for some use, but for others it's quite bad. It's all about your requirements.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@WebDude said:
    Time4VPS network speed is constant issue. Often getting around 10Mbit/s or 1MB/s. That might be fine for some use, but for others it's quite bad. It's all about your requirements.

For majority of our customers port speed it's quite higher. From our side we provide 400 Mbps port speed for VPSs, however final speed mostly depends on ISPs and distance between customer and server. For most Europeans final speed is definitely higher.

We always recommend to check ping, speed and so on via our looking glass: lg.time4vps.eu

• WebDudeWebDude Member
    edited November 2016

I know all that very very well. But results are pretty similar on several operators in Finland. Some route via Estonia, some route via Stockholm but it doesn't matter. Speeds still seriously suck. I can get 2-4x speeds from Los Angeles to Helsinki, than from Time4VPS, which is pretty funny when considering the distances involved.
    Tested on: SuomiCom, Elisa, Dna, Sonera (Telia). All the same, sometimes maxes out at 30Mbit/s, but then drops back to around 10Mbit/s.

• @WebDude said:
    Time4VPS network speed is constant issue. Often getting around 10Mbit/s or 1MB/s. That might be fine for some use, but for others it's quite bad. It's all about your requirements.

Even at just 10mbps, that's 10 days of retention for 100GB/day backups for a whopping 2 euros per month. At least that's how I look at it. We don't currently use them for offsite, but jesus...after doing the above math I don't see how we can't.

• We don't currently use them for offsite, but jesus...after doing the above math I don't see how we can't.

We've been also considering running some monitoring & off-site backup there too. For that the storage plans are absolutely awesome. Currently we have just one NAS with 4x 8 TB drives with RAID 5, storing backups. But moving it to cloud would be nice. So we're doing the usual reverse. We're backing up the cloud data to office. Not the office to the cloud.

Also some consider the OpenVZ as drawback. But again, it's all about what you need.

• @WebDude said:

We don't currently use them for offsite, but jesus...after doing the above math I don't see how we can't.

We've been also considering running some monitoring & off-site backup there too. For that the storage plans are absolutely awesome. Currently we have just one NAS with 4x 8 TB drives with RAID 5, storing backups. But moving it to cloud would be nice. So we're doing the usual reverse. We're backing up the cloud data to office. Not the office to the cloud.

Also some consider the OpenVZ as drawback. But again, it's all about what you need.

Yeah, granted there is no drive redundancy with them, but at 0.2 eurocents/GB they are way cheaper than anyone else. Backblaze B2 is 0.5 cent/GB and they are by far the cheapest (C4 doesn't come close bc of all the ingress charges). And since we do onsite backups + 2 offsite, having no redundancy doesn't matter...if a drive fails just re-transfer from another location.

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    And since we do onsite backups + 2 offsite, having no redundancy doesn't matter...if a drive fails just re-transfer from another location.

For your your two off site backups, do you use different providers?

• @storycrafter said:

@iwaswrongonce said:
    And since we do onsite backups + 2 offsite, having no redundancy doesn't matter...if a drive fails just re-transfer from another location.

For your your two off site backups, do you use different providers?

Of course. Two different providers on two different continents.

• Looks like Australia is missing on your map!
    Check our speed out: looking-glass.solnode.io
    Happy to work out some kind of deal for you depending on your requirements.

• @bbabich said:
    Looks like Australia is missing on your map!
    Check our speed out: looking-glass.solnode.io
    Happy to work out some kind of deal for you depending on your requirements.

Because an offer at 10x the price has never backfired in an "incredible cheap storage" thread.