Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site for hosting reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Site for hosting reviews?

lqllql Member
edited December 2011 in Reviews

I understand that we have a forum that contains lots of good reviews, and there are reviews on WHT, but is there a site dedicated to re-posting -- with permission -- these reviews, with tags and an easy-to-navigate interface? For example, you'd visit the site, click host.biz, and the positive reviews were on one side, negative on the other, with an overall rating at the top, such as 87% Total Positive Reviews. I was thinking of making some of this, but I wanted to make sure it hadn't been done for the LEB VPS community already.

Comments

• Some people doesn't like it here...

But lowendstock had that purpose, I guess

• A good example would be to look at:
    http://www.affpaying.com/

He started up that site to provide reviews of CPA networks, it exploded (one of the only ones at the time).

The main hurdle I see with hosts is how to categorize the reviews... You'll have a few that just comment that their good, where as others will provide full logs detailing their setup.
    It might be best to follow WHT and the user must provide an IP when leaving a review to verify their a current customer.

I do like the idea, but it will need a bit of work ;) (I wouldn't take reviews from other sites. Aim to have people leave them, otherwise you're just an archive).

• ITs rather useless as providers will cheat the system well not the respectable ones but the flyby companies.

• Alright, thanks for all the useful posts thus far.

• What about http://webhostingstuff.com ?

And LET users comments usually reviews the provider quite good, I search posts and review comments.

• Why not just start your own?

• 96mb.com

Thanked by 1drmike
  • lqllql Member
    edited December 2011

Well, my idea was to collect all of these reviews on sites such as WHT and link format them in a list where they're easy to find. As Adam said, I'd essentially be an archive.

Edit: Sorry, I realise that all of my replies are completely useless -- I've only been able to get on at about 4 AM after work when I'm shattered. I'll post back tomorrow with some thanks (for your replies) and concept materials.

• @lql said: Well, my idea was to collect all of these reviews on sites such as WHT and link format them in a list where they're easy to find. As Adam said, I'd essentially be an archive.

So you want to scrape content? Would you have permission from the posters to copy and paste those reviews?

• HostyfireHostyfire Member
    edited January 2018

Thanks for sharing this useful information. We also provide Web hosting reviews on our Website, visit and check Ipage, Inmotion, Bluehost and Siteground Reviews

user was banned for this post -- mod.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Hostyfire said:

You bumped a 6 year old thread :|

Thanked by 2Aidan Janevski
  • @Hostyfire said:
    Thanks for sharing this useful information. We also provide Web hosting reviews on our Website, visit and check Ipage, Inmotion, Bluehost and Siteground Reviews

Shilling much?

Don't tell me you think hostgator is the best cloud host... especially with this being hosted at a competitor review site: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/hostgator.com

• I would suggest you for https://hosting.review/hosting-provider/. The hosting provider is ranked based on the review.

• @RickHornsteinJr said:
    I would suggest you for https://hosting.review/hosting-provider/. The hosting provider is ranked based on the review.

Oh really? How is hostgater second then, with a shit score?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @teamacc said:

@RickHornsteinJr said:
    I would suggest you for https://hosting.review/hosting-provider/. The hosting provider is ranked based on the review.

Oh really? How is hostgater second then, with a shit score?

Look at his hidden aff links lol:

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • LeeLee Veteran

doghouch said: How is hostgater second then, with a shit score?

I am more bothered that Hostinger is first. The affiliate pay out must be better than Hostgator.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

The last thing you want is reviews from review sites.

Never trust them like you never trust your girlfriend when she says she is with your baby.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: never trust your girlfriend when she says she is with your baby.

Something you want to get off your chest?

@Lee said:
    Something you want to get off your chest?

Nah. We have a long, boring/pointless, debate on making LET great again by trying to stick to topic right now and you want me to drag this off topic?

Shame on you, Mr. Lee.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Shame on you, Mr. Lee.

I was worried about you, was sensing there was something you wanted me to help you with...

I think Nekki and WSS need help more urgently than I do.

Thanked by 4Lee WSS MrH lazyt
  • WSSWSS Member

@deank said:
    I think Nekki and WSS need help more urgently than I do.

I'm good (just ask your girlfriend).

• DenimUsaDenimUsa Member
    edited February 2018

There are many good web hosting are out there. Honestly i don’t have any experience with SiteGround so i am not going to judge them.

But you should go with another good web hosting providers such as:

Bluehost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider

DomainRacer - SSD Storage, 20x speed Server and Email Spam Protector

Both are very old in they domain and provide good services with a good customer pool. You can also migrate your site with them without any cost.

You can try anyone of them with their services and will give you peace and satisfaction.

I am also using these two as my web host for 6 of my websites. So can say with certainty that you will not be disappointing.

Try, make your choice based on the requirements and budgets to choose any one of them

your requirement matters more, so go through their plans and see which one fulfills your requirement the most in terms of money and then make your decision.

Hope this helps…:)