Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz

13»

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@W1V_Lee said: So yeah, the "word" Brown can't be a trademark, however you can trademark it's use in a particular way.

Yes I thought that would be pretty standard / general knowledge that you can't register a word/phrase for every possibility, I'm aware of the classifications as Iniz itself is pending trademark

• That does not mean I can't register brownvps.com unless someone is holding a TM under class 38, possibly 42.

It also doesn't mean that the large trademark holder won't try to prevent your use of brownvps.com by filing a bogus trademark complaint. eBay is famous for sending C&D notices to anyone who registers a domain with the word 'bay' in it even if the domain is being used for a purpose that doesn't fall under the classifications covered by eBay's trademarks.

• LeeLee Veteran

@domainbop - true and that's the way the world rolls these days in every aspect.