Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a really good Ddos protected VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a really good Ddos protected VPS

2»

Comments

• I believe @MikeA (extraVM.com) is offering OVH VPS with anti-DDoS game. Check also gamingpower.eu, OVH anti-DDoS game too, both of them are cheap and hard to slap, imo.

• So OP needs DDoS Protection for his illegal Habbo Retro. Why else would he use Windows, BlazingFast and port 30000.

Anyways, put your database and emulator software on a OVH VPS or dedi and put it in "always on" protection state.

Then buy another VPS for your CMS and put this VPS behind Sucuri for L7 protection. I have this same setup for a friend and his retro with 500+ online.

• @Dazzle said:
    I believe @MikeA (extraVM.com) is offering OVH VPS with anti-DDoS game. Check also gamingpower.eu, OVH anti-DDoS game too, both of them are cheap and hard to slap, imo.

gamingpower > extravm on anti-ddos

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@Zeast said:

@Dazzle said:
    I believe @MikeA (extraVM.com) is offering OVH VPS with anti-DDoS game. Check also gamingpower.eu, OVH anti-DDoS game too, both of them are cheap and hard to slap, imo.

If they use OVH also as I assume you're getting at quoting his reply, then there would be no difference.. If you had a problem with our servers protection then you would have the same with theirs. Maybe you didn't ask us to add proper filters/rules in place?

Either way I would refuse to host an illegal habbo server.

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited November 2016

They colo @ OVH France with their own equipment (firewall, routers, etc)

OVH Anti-DDoS PRO + Own firewalls

• @Wicked said:
    So OP needs DDoS Protection for his illegal Habbo Retro. Why else would he use Windows, BlazingFast and port 30000.

That's a pretty precise assumption, just had a quick look and it looks like some are done in Java so you could easily host on Linux.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Zeast said:
    They colo @ OVH France with their own equipment (firewall, routers, etc)

OVH Anti-DDoS PRO + Own firewalls

They dont have own hardware, they have OVHs vrack and a few servers. Their firewall is built ontop of some static iptables rules which may breaks if ovh leaks more than 10Gbit/s which is in fact not really hard to archieve ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DazzleDazzle Member
    edited November 2016

@Kabeldamagement said:

They dont have own hardware, they have OVHs vrack and a few servers. Their firewall is built ontop of some static iptables rules which may breaks if ovh leaks more than 10Gbit/s which is in fact not really hard to archieve ;-)

Uhm sorry, but are you trying to say you got better things than OVH anti-DDoS? I'm really interested to it.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Yes, we have our own developed solution which is not based on iptables or something like that and filters typical udp floods pretty much better than OVH. Thats the reason why some OVH customers moved to us in the past ;)

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Badkid said:
    Hi,

Im am hosting a game on my blazingfast vps, today i got hit by some insanely strong attacks which took my servers offline. I am paying 10£ a month for that server, but i can offer some more, i need a really good ddos protected vps that really can stay online during those huge attacks, so people can still play on my gameserver.

Hello there,

We can configure our Anti-DDoS for any game/application.
    Please take a look at our VPS plans here: https://www.hetnix.com/vps-servers.xml

Thank you.

• @MikeA said:

@Zeast said:

@Dazzle said:

If they use OVH also as I assume you're getting at quoting his reply, then there would be no difference.. If you had a problem with our servers protection then you would have the same with theirs. Maybe you didn't ask us to add proper filters/rules in place?

Sulake (Habbo) doesn't do anything if you host illegal retroserver.

@NetZDark said:

@MikeA said:

@Zeast said:

@Dazzle said:

This isn't true, I've gotten abuse notices from one of their company domains.

• MikeA said: This isn't true, I've gotten abuse notices from one of their company domains.

>

@MikeA said:

@NetZDark said:

@MikeA said:

@Zeast said:

@Dazzle said:

From cloudflare or where?
    Sulake writes to all the abuse, but in the end they do nothing..

edited November 2016

@NetZDark said:

MikeA said: This isn't true, I've gotten abuse notices from one of their company domains.

>

@MikeA said:

@NetZDark said:

@MikeA said:

@Zeast said:

@Dazzle said:

From cloudflare or where?
    Sulake writes to all the abuse, but in the end they do nothing..

It doesn't matter if they do nothing, are you saying "host it, ignore abuse, they won't sue you". IP is IP, I don't host stolen content no matter who the holder is.

Either way this isn't productive towards OP at all.

• Best DDOS protection