Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1Soft Backups (cPanel integrated) / Recommendations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1Soft Backups (cPanel integrated) / Recommendations

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JetApps said:

@MrGeneral said:
    @Francisco,
    Do you mind to give me some advice in terms of storage required?

I sent an email to JetBackups for a few advice.
    Does it support full account restore in case a server goes nuts?
    E.G: With WHM backup tool, it created full compressed account backups that can be restored really easy.

IHaveADarkPassenger said: There is both compression and deduplication.

Very interested in the subject, I sent them an email. Thank you :)

>
    >

@MrGeneral, JetBackup does indeed support full account backups in the case of a server crash. You can find more information on full account restore on our FAQ page in our company docs: https://docs.jetapps.com/wp-content/cache/all/jetbackup/faq/disaster-recovery/index.html. You can open a ticket with our support team for further questions or please feel free to ask away on here and I will do my best to accurately and fully answer them. Thank you for your interest in JetBackup!

Howdy,

Glad to see you here. I have sent you emails yesterday and your support was superb. This is for a client of mine however I myself will signup for your services as we need to keep our enterprise clients backups assured. We really liked your responses. You've got a new client. :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@MrGeneral said:
    @Francisco,
    Do you mind to give me some advice in terms of storage required?

I sent an email to JetBackups for a few advice.
    Does it support full account restore in case a server goes nuts?
    E.G: With WHM backup tool, it created full compressed account backups that can be restored really easy.

JetBackups uses hard links (think of how rsnapshot works) to create it's backups. Lets say you have an account that uses 1GB space and every day a single 1MB file is changed inside there. A week of backups will only eat 1GB + 6MB of space (likely less due to compression, etc).

R1soft would obviously be even less than that since it's only storing the blocks that are different. My issues with R1Soft is that the kernel driver was quite buggy and they simply didn't support half the kernels cloudlinux was pushing for version 7. We would have backups that didn't run or would bug out for no reason.

R1Soft completes backups faster than JetBackup does, but that doesn't mean much when there's a good chance the backup never actually ran. We had to move from nightly backups to backups 3 times a week. R1Soft stomps JetBackup for big restores though, at least when it is a long distance to the node storing the backups. I'm likely going to have to rack up something in Luxembourg to get restore sprocessing faster.

Hardware wise we have a 12 bay Supermicro server full of 4TB drives + some SSD's for caching.

Francisco

Thank you very much for the detailed response, Francisco. We've been managing backup servers for a long time but we have never used either R1Soft or Jetbackup. I will give Jetbackup a try and see how it goes. As we got close to 2TB data, a 4TB or even 6TB is enough to keep the backups. Once again O appreciate your time and effort in writing the reply. I never heard about Jetbackup before but... Looks pretty good.