Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebSummit @ Portugal - Live!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebSummit @ Portugal - Live!

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Watch it here

Pretty amazing event.

Comments

• Those bastards cancelled my tickets because I sold one. Yeah.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@luissousa said:
    Those bastards cancelled my tickets because I sold one. Yeah.

Still haven't solved that?

• @MrGeneral said:

@luissousa said:

Never did and never will. It's in their TOS, they say. You can't sell a ticket, no matter if you sell it for what it cost you. They don't need proof at all, just to suspect you did it - they'll cancel your tickets and won't refund you.

@luissousa said:

@MrGeneral said:

@luissousa said:

Never did and never will. It's in their TOS, they say. You can't sell a ticket, no matter if you sell it for what it cost you. They don't need proof at all, just to suspect you did it - they'll cancel your tickets and won't refund you.

Well they need to refund you at least, that's like stealing you, get that story to the public and they'll solve it / compensate you.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

MrGeneral said: Well they need to refund you at least, that's like stealing you, get that story to the public and they'll solve it / compensate you.

That's like someone DoS'ing out of your VPS and asking for a refund for the remaining bandwidth.

Sorry but if it's in their TOS and you agreed to them, when purchasing, you can't be mad at them for following their own set of rules. No matter if it sounds ridiculous/stupid/etc.

@AlexBarakov said:

MrGeneral said: Well they need to refund you at least, that's like stealing you, get that story to the public and they'll solve it / compensate you.

That's like someone DoS'ing out of your VPS and asking for a refund for the remaining bandwidth.

Sorry but if it's in their TOS and you agreed to them, when purchasing, you can't be mad at them for following their own set of rules. No matter if it sounds ridiculous/stupid/etc.

That's no valid analogy. Plus, you don't know the story behind websummit in Portugal. Would understand it coming from a private company doing the whole thing, not a Government sponsored summit..