Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Encourage developers, but how? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Encourage developers, but how?

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doghouch said: it's a matter of moderation

Speaking of which, I just had a root canal, so...let's all keep with the encouraging developers theme of the thread, because the vicodin is wearing off and I may snap at any moment.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Speaking of which, I just had a root canal, so...let's all keep with the encouraging developers theme of the thread, because the vicodin is wearing off and I may snap at any moment.

• @raindog308 said:

Two shots of vodka will make it better

• @GCat said:

@raindog308 said:

Two shots of vodka will make it better

"snap"

Use some ice - will probably work better than vodka :P

Thanked by 1GCat
  • ready made templates for usual developer tools. E.g. Jenkins box for CI, code repository (e.g. gitlab), etc

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @davidgestiondbi, I may be mistaken but, none of your brands offer unmanaged KVM/Xen VPSs. This immediately rules out the guys that wish to throw up Windows or something different.

The managed KVM instances that you do offer require me to click through some domain-related prompts before I even get to customize the VPS itself. It feels like 20 pages, but I'm sure it's only like 2-3.

Once at the customization screen, I can choose between two (poorly labeled?) Windows ISOs (in a sea of other ISOs) but there's no indication as to whether the Windows is licensed or not. I assume not for various reasons.

I think offering unmanaged full-virt instances would be a good first step, which could then be followed with offering fully-licensed Windows instances. You'd need to create additional products as well as product pages since devs don't want to go hunting for what they wish.

If you look at the "dev-friendly" providers (do/vultr specifically), they all have very simple ordering interfaces.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @BeardyUnixGuy Off-topic: your donation can is a bit empty :(

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • With the number of "off-topic" responses in this single discussion, it may be best for us to only tag the "on-topic" responses as such.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @davidgestiondbi, I may be mistaken but, none of your brands offer unmanaged KVM/Xen VPSs. This immediately rules out the guys that wish to throw up Windows or something different.

The managed KVM instances that you do offer require me to click through some domain-related prompts before I even get to customize the VPS itself. It feels like 20 pages, but I'm sure it's only like 2-3.

Once at the customization screen, I can choose between two (poorly labeled?) Windows ISOs (in a sea of other ISOs) but there's no indication as to whether the Windows is licensed or not. I assume not for various reasons.

I think offering unmanaged full-virt instances would be a good first step, which could then be followed with offering fully-licensed Windows instances. You'd need to create additional products as well as product pages since devs don't want to go hunting for what they wish.

If you look at the "dev-friendly" providers (do/vultr specifically), they all have very simple ordering interfaces.

Thank for the feedback.
    To be honest, the new Gestion DBI website is going online this week (today or tomorrow). We were already doing the new plans replenish for managed and unmanaged VPS. I will take in consideration your feedback and will try to fix this.

Also, we are working on a better integration of the Client Area with Solus. I want to disable the SolusVM part since it's confuse a lot of people to have 2 panel.

@jcaleb said:
    ready made templates for usual developer tools. E.g. Jenkins box for CI, code repository (e.g. gitlab), etc

Good idea. We already have a few pre-made template in SolusVM, but not listed on Client Area order form. I will make new template and update Client Area.

Thanks to all for your input!

Regards, David