Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check it Out: "Cloud" Home Network Router
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Check it Out: "Cloud" Home Network Router

shunnyshunny Member
edited April 2013 in General

Comments

• What did I just watch?

It'd be great for school, but not anything else. Not with their grandiose claims of 2700 ft on a 12v plug (something I've not seen in active use). Oh, and that Cloud BS.

Also, with their list of backers, I don't see how they need only $75,000 from users when they can get it from their upstream.

With their claims, such as 250 units ready to ship, laa dee daa dee daa, I'm calling this shit bad meat.

• I still prefer ddwrt over this.

• I am really liking the themeforest template

• Basically a consumer version of this: http://www.meraki.com/

I own one, it's awesome, I wouldn't mind seeing more products like it.

• user123user123 Member
    edited April 2013

"Skydog revolution"? Wait, where have I heard something like that before? Oh yeah, Skynet. That turned out well for John Connor, didn't it :P

ETA: I'm tempted to get in on this because it looks SO cool and easy to manage (for parents or for the office), but can't really justify to myself spending $99 on a router...

• @user123 said: ETA: I'm tempted to get in on this because it looks SO cool and easy to manage (for parents or for the office), but can't really justify to myself spending $99 on a router...

Hell, I spent $120 on a router and I love it. To each their own.

Although how many people can say they run a website getting about 30,000 hits per hour with a consumer router?

• DD-WRT, Mikrotik or IOS, then I'm happy. Guess why there is an ASA 5505 at home, together with a 48 port POE Cisco 1Gbps switch? Not because I really need it...