Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Quick Packet Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Quick Packet Review

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in Providers

Wrote a review about Quick Packet: http://coderandrew.com/quick-packet-dedicated-servers/

Really loving the service and performance from @qps!

Went from having 1 server for fun with them, to having 3 servers with them and will likely be adding more as time goes on!

Comments

• wdqwdq Member

I have heard many good things about Quick Packet. I like the variety of VPS's that I have in various different locations, but looking into the future Quick Packet is definitely on my list of dedicated server providers to go with when I need one.

• @agoldenberg

Whilst quickpacket may be great, it seems every second post you make are related to them. Chill man, have some variety

• @jkr1711 said: Whilst quickpacket may be great, it seems every second post you make are related to them. Chill man, have some variety

This.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I made one post about them on my first server and posted a review. That's hardly every second post. Contribute something constructive or leave it alone.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

@Jack said: It's because they're truly amazing.

Why exactly they are truly amazing.

Because even my lowend dedicated backup box with CommercialMedia is amazing.

All my babies are amazing :)

• @goexodus said: Because my lowend dedicated backup box with CommercialMedia is also amazing.

My CommercialMedia server was horrible with one of the worst network connections.

I guess its a hit or miss with those guys...

Glad you're enjoying yours :)

edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Glad you're enjoying yours :)

I was just wondering whats so great with these guys to consider. The blog has no details except network stats :). By the way the connectivity to Europe is pretty good.

I am always willing to pay extra for top service if i know the metrics. Otherwise lowend to the end

As I stated in my review. Their ticket response time is fantastic. The pricing is excellent. Their network is pretty fast.

• @agoldenberg said: As I stated in my review. Their ticket response time is fantastic. The pricing is excellent. Their network is pretty fast.

No-one disagrees with you there.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited April 2013

Stop posting such good reviews about quickpacket, I dont need anymore servers :(

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited April 2013

@agoldenberg Why such a hostile response? I was just pointing out an opinionated observation, this isn't North Korea (We'll see if Kimmy launches anything today though).

That being said, chances are I'll keep note of quickpacket

edited April 2013

@agoldenberg said: As I stated in my review. Their ticket response time is fantastic. The pricing is excellent. Their network is pretty fast.

I see your point but i tend to judge people or service during shit storms...

I am glad you found a new home.

What about Dacentec. Personally I moved a lot of stuff there from OVH. Whats your experience?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I got a QP dedi last month and it's been superb. Thanks to @qps for fast setup.

Some of their cheaper offerings don't include dedicated KVM, though they can lend one during business hours. I did know that going in - might be inconvenient if I bork the firewall rules :-) Definitely not a complaint just an FYI. A lot of their stuff does have KVM.

My box has been doing very well and having it in the same datacenter as BuyVM is nice...wish there was a private network interconnect :-)

Dacentec is good but tbh their support is kinda chappy.

• @agoldenberg
    Dacentec having bad support? you got to be shitting me.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@blergh_ said: Dacentec having bad support? you got to be shitting me.

I love Dacentec's support. They worked me through a ton of problems and honestly was one of the most helpful support group I know.

Granted, I haven't bothered Quickpacket's support yet (nor do I have reasons to), but I'm sure talking to @qps via LET they're equally (if not... gasp more?!) awesome.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg @raindog308 @Jack @HalfEatenPie Thanks for the kind words.

The new batch of servers arrived today. It will be a few days before they are ready (as we have to rack them up and get them ready to go), but they should be coming soon.

@Voss Really? See I've had an OK experience but I haven't really been wowed. My server went down due to something that their techs were aware of (Nothing on my end) and yet didn't even inform me until I put in a ticket asking what was up.

I guess being proactive isn't their thing but aside from that they've been decent.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said: I love Dacentec's support. They worked me through a ton of problems and honestly was one of the most helpful support group I know.

Hmm, they weren't too good when I joined them, although in the end I did find a helpful technician who helped me out and in the end refunded me. But compared with QuickPacket, it's QuickPacket, any day.

• @Infinity said: Hmm, they weren't too good when I joined them, although in the end I did find a helpful technician who helped me out and in the end refunded me. But compared with QuickPacket, it's QuickPacket, any day.

Maybe they like pies better than unbounded terms.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said: Maybe they like pies

Who doesn't like pie?

• @qps said: Who doesn't like pie?

Truest statement I've ever read. And from @qps. My life is complete. I am now a whole pie.