Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 2TB+ storage, Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 2TB+ storage, Europe

edited November 2016 in Requests

Looking for reasonable pricing for following specs:

CPU: don't care
RAM: 512M
Storage: 2TB+
Bandwidth: Unlimited or 4TB.

Know about time4vps, looking for additional offers

Comments

• Already know about time4VPS, want to see if there are other offers that providers might fling in my direction

• @ALinuxNinja said:

Already know about time4VPS, want to see if there are other offers that providers might fling in my direction

U might want to edit thr thread that you know time 4 vps....as the thread might get flooded with their recommendation..

Other than that

You would be better of with a dedicated

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • noaman said: You would be better of with a dedicated

If he doesn't need much CPU or RAM, how so?

• @VortexMagnus

Maybe you could send your own 2TB disk to them for their Atom offer. I could also do something similar if you provide the 2TB disk

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

noaman said: You would be better of with a dedicated

If he doesn't need much CPU or RAM, how so?

I'm guessing he's referring to the Kimsufis, specifically the 2TB N2800 promo that ran recently.

• Harambe said: I'm guessing he's referring to the Kimsufis, specifically the 2TB N2800 promo that ran recently.

Still not sure why he'd be better off?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

Harambe said: I'm guessing he's referring to the Kimsufis, specifically the 2TB N2800 promo that ran recently.

Probably the best bang for the buck. The reliable, long standing providers are going to charge way more - and the deals are likely going to be with the folks just overselling OVH boxes.

• @Harambe said:

@Nekki said:

Harambe said: I'm guessing he's referring to the Kimsufis, specifically the 2TB N2800 promo that ran recently.

Probably the best bang for the buck. The reliable, long standing providers are going to charge way more - and the deals are likely going to be with the folks just overselling OVH boxes.

Maybe not. Providers can occasionally do great storage deals with leftover storage on nodes.

• @Nekki said:

>

Maybe not. Providers can occasionally do great storage deals with leftover storage on nodes.

I bank on that. For my backup purposes, I can deal with an ipv6 only openvz container with limited bandwidth (maybe 25 to 50Mbps), RAM (maybe 256MB), and monthly traffic (100GB), if I'm able to get 250GB of RAID6 SATA disk for $15/yr or so. That way the provider puts some cash in their pocket for otherwise wasted resources, and I benefit from the cheaper price. I typically mount sshfs anyway, so it's no biggie for me.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

https://www.runabove.com/VPS-HDD.xml

A bit pricey, but could be the answer to the IOPS limits placed by other providers.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2016

Could offer the following in a few days:

2TB Storage
    1GB RAM
    4TB Bandwidth
    1 x E5-2620 v4
    KVM

€10/Month + VAT (If applicable)

• pbgben said: https://www.runabove.com/VPS-HDD.xml

A bit pricey, but could be the answer to the IOPS limits placed by other providers.

Please note: RunAbove LABS are not subject to SLA and OVH has the right to change or terminate them at any time. These products and services are subject to the OVH Group Beta contract (PDF) http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/support/termsofservice/Special_Conditions_Betatest_CA.pdf

• runabove is also limited you cannot register for this offer anymore.

• @AshleyUk said:

+10 , very much recommended!

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@ALinuxNinja if no need for ram or cpu why not taking a hosted NAS ?

• @AshleyUk said:

2TB Storage
    1GB RAM
    4TB Bandwidth
    1 x E5-2620 v4
    KVM

@AshleyUk said:

2TB Storage
    1GB RAM
    4TB Bandwidth
    1 x E5-2620 v4
    KVM

Looks good, already have services with you so I know your stuff is awesome ;)

Send me a PM or open a ticket on my account when it can be offered.

Thanks!

• @AshleyUk said:

2TB Storage
    1GB RAM
    4TB Bandwidth
    1 x E5-2620 v4
    KVM

Is there a option with more ram? 4/8gb

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ewrek said:

@AshleyUk said:

2TB Storage
    1GB RAM
    4TB Bandwidth
    1 x E5-2620 v4
    KVM

Is there a option with more ram? 4/8gb

Buy more plans and stack them.

• By that time you're really close to a full dedi: check out hetzner's server auction.