Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore downtime..? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore downtime..?

2»

Comments

• No major outage here either.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Damian so what has happened?
    Did you find out?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

Not yet. Still waiting for an IP KVM, ~3 hours later. Then again, I haven't asked for an RFO yet. I like to give them one thing at a time.

• @Damian said: Not yet. Still waiting for an IP KVM, ~3 hours later. Then again, I haven't asked for an RFO yet. I like to give them one thing at a time.

Should just get IPMI on all servers (happy).

• mikehighendmikehighend Member
    edited April 2013

Things looking better for ya Damian?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

IPX's PDU had a software fault which caused a device reset. This is pretty rare and we're talking to APC about this.

No other customers were impacted and the network was absolutely uninterrupted. If Fran noticed a network blip that is probably due to a denial of service attack on his port. Unrelated and not something on our side.

• JacobJacob Member

I remember Gabe @ IOFlood and a few other people having the exact same problem with a specific APC PDU, there's a thread on WHT somewhere, I'll try and dig it up.

@jbiloh said: IPX's PDU had a software fault which caused a device reset. This is pretty rare and we're talking to APC about this.

• @mikehighend said: Things looking better for ya Damian?

Yep. Good on CC"s staff on figuring out the problem quickly.

• @Jacob said: I remember Gabe @ IOFlood and a few other people having the exact same problem with a specific APC PDU, there's a thread on WHT somewhere, I'll try and dig it up.

Would be appreciated. Our APC PDU's didn't have any issues yet, other than the latest firmware not working.