Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MEMORY usage alert if one VPS is using over 50% of RAM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MEMORY usage alert if one VPS is using over 50% of RAM.

Hello,

I need one script that will send me an email if one KVM VPS client is using 50% or more of his RAM. That info can be taken from htop but how can I achieve that and get an email notification only when 50% or more ram is used by a VPS , i.e. if KVM1234 is using 20% right now, when reached 50% (or more) to get an email: "kvm1234 RAM usage is 70%" .

Thank You

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Without access to the VM ?

• @Clouvider said:
    Without access to the VM ?

Without, we're talking about a SolusVM KVM node with active virtual serves on it. I need to get this done on node.

• If you don't mind me asking, why would you need that information if it's a KVM ?

• anthony1anthony1 Member
    edited October 2016

@dotted said:
    If you don't mind me asking, why would you need that information if it's a KVM ?

I need to gather statistics about how the RAM is really used.

• @anthony1 said:

@dotted said:
    If you don't mind me asking, why would you need that information if it's a KVM ?

So gathering data for "statistics" will be done by notifying you by email ? SURE ...

Thanked by 2default netomx
  • Why...?

So you can start "over-committing" memory?

Thanked by 2default ATHK
  • @dotted said:

@anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

So gathering data for "statistics" will be done by notifying you by email ? SURE ...

Where should I send the data if not to me ? I will get notified by email, the script will be more advanced, CPU, etc, shut down abusers. I just need the proper way to start.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Why...?

So you can start "over-committing" memory?

No. That would kill the business.

• check Nixstats... it allows to setup alerts for RAM/CPU/HDD thresholds

• @anthony1 said:
    shut down abusers. I just need the proper way to start.

Do you count who is using half of the RAM you sell them as ABUSERS?

• @colingpt said:

@anthony1 said:
    shut down abusers. I just need the proper way to start.

Do you count who is using half of the RAM you sell them as ABUSERS?

Read the whole statement, I know you can but I will help you " the script will be more advanced, CPU, etc, shut down abusers".

• So, using 50% of my allocated RAM is considered abusing ? I will never buy a service from you for sure.

Thanked by 1default
  • @FredQc said:
    So, using 50% of my allocated RAM is considered abusing ? I will never buy a service from you for sure.

No. Read the whole statement, I know you can but I will help you " the script will be more advanced, CPU, etc, shut down abusers".

• anthony1anthony1 Member
    edited October 2016

@mehargags said:
    check Nixstats... it allows to setup alerts for RAM/CPU/HDD thresholds

Thank You. This is the only message that helped me and actually SOLVED the problem. nixstats can tell me everything I need. Case closed.

• YEAH, go for it, shutdown people who use the resources they paid for !!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @dotted said:
    YEAH, go for it, shutdown people who use the resources they paid for !!

How stupid can can you be. Are you able to read ?

• @anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

I think the concern is that you're talking about taking action against people for using the resources you've allocated to them.

Thanked by 2kkrajk GoatSeller
  • @Nekki said:

@anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

I think the concern is that you're talking about taking action against people for using the resources you've allocated to them.

How can you imagine someone surviving in this business by taking action against people for using the resources allocated to them. Nixstats solved my problem. Case closed.

• @anthony1 said:

@Nekki said:

@anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

How can you imagine someone surviving in this business by taking action against people for using the resources allocated to them. Nixstats solved my problem. Case closed.

Okay Mrs scammer, mind to share your website ? your company's id ?

• dotted said: Okay Mrs scammer, mind to share your website ? your company's id ?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dotted said:

@anthony1 said:

@Nekki said:

@anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

Okay Mrs scammer, mind to share your website ? your company's id ?

I think you're the scammer here.

• @Damian said:

dotted said: Okay Mrs scammer, mind to share your website ? your company's id ?

• HIRE ME

• @Zen said:
    http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/QMP

See also: qemu (cli), virsh, etc.

Nothing wrong with this request, just comes down to basic communication and people making assumptions.. you could use such monitoring to improve the overall service for everyone.

That's the pure truth. Thank You.

• KVM + VPS is using over 50% of RAM + get an email notification + statistics + shut down abusers

• @anthony1 said:

@Nekki said:

@anthony1 said:

@dotted said:

I can I imagine it? Yes, I fucking well can. Plenty of cunts have pulled shit like this.

• Hahaha this is fucking insane

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited October 2016

dotted said: Okay Mrs scammer, mind to share your website ? your company's id ?

He did submit an offer once, though without the tag so it was quickly moved to dump.

They do have an impressive array of locations, though I imagine the typical LET reader could name every dedi provider they're riding on.

"All services are instantly deployed, so you can start using them instantly after activation."

OK, then.

They're using OnApp, they throw in a Windows license for free, do KVM-only...I mean, there are certainly far worse providers we've seen here. I'm skeptical Windows is going to be happy on a 256MB KVM with a 5GB SSD, but...

anthony1 said: Case closed.

Since we're getting all legal here...besides some entertaining typos ("SpinVPS in its sole discretion may discontinue service without any notice or refund to any VPS customer that: ... Disrespectful attitude to any of our departments stuff", so I guess don't insult their prize Lego model), your TOS is one of the more confusing I've read.

24 Hour Money Back Guarantee

In the event that you are not satisfied with our services, spin vps offers you a 24 hour Refund Guarantee for VPS Hosting services. 

While spin vps takes pride in upholding its refund guarantee, and does not aim to deceive or mislead any Customer, the following circumstances under which a full refund is requested will be denied or subject to the exclusive discretion of spin vps to approve or deny: 

Non-usage of services.
    Incompatibility of specific software with the Company's services.
    Financial concerns.
    Suspension due to incoming or outgoing DoS/DDoS attack(s).
    Suspension due to any other violation of the TOS or AUP.
    Force majeur.
    Other unforeseen personal circumstances.

So it's a 24-hour guarantee, unless you decide it isn't...? Denying a refund to someone who signs up and spams, I get that...but several of these are of the "I changed my mind" variety, and when you say "If you're not happy - get your money back!" on every page, I think that's a reasonable expectation.

I'm also perplexed by this:

Arbitration

Any controversy or claim arising from service or related to this contract or breach therein in excess of $1000.00 shall be settled by mutually agreed upon arbitration. The resulting judgment rendered by a licensed arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties and may be entered in any court having valid jurisdiction."

Wow. Usually arbitration clauses specify how arbitration will be done, how the judgement will be handled, etc. In your case...

We both have to agree on an arbitrator (what if we don't agree? Guess where we go? Court.)

"Any court having valid jurisdiction" is a marvelous term. The Supreme Court has jurisdiction over me. So does my local county court. So does the U.S. Federal Bankruptcy court. So does the International Court of Human Rights.

"Licensed arbitrator"..licensed by whom? You don't say, so anyone off the street can presumably self-license. This person can submit the judgement to the court of the arbitrator's choosing. Well, we'll just hope that goes well.

BTW, since you haven't mandated jurisdiction for anything else, all I have to do is object to the choice of arbitrator and wah-lah, you're flying to my home town to appear in court or you'll receive a default judgement.

• I want to make a punny joke about taking it for a spin.. nevermind.

Thanked by 2sharuu netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

thank for the info, deeply and clearly. :p