Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many Kloxo forks publicly released out there? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many Kloxo forks publicly released out there?

2»

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@LAKid said: debootstrap is a tool which will install a Debian base system into a subdirectory of another

It could be used in a similar matter is what I'm talking about.

There's also this: http://www.daemonology.net/depenguinator/

• @peppr said: Nope.. click first. point fingers later

:P

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@Microlinux said: Their services are good, but I agree, HyperVM is a train-wreck. I'd much rather pay another 25 cents per month and get a decent control panel. No idea why they would choose to use it, the year is 2013.

When HyperVM breaks (which it does often), you can dive into the code and fix it.

When SolusVM breaks (which it does often), you're shit out of luck.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@HalfEatenPie I'm gong to try on my idle box, thanks... hope it's not screwy..

• @HalfEatenPie Thanks for the curse of the daemon

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@vRozenSch00n said: Thanks for the curse of the daemon

Meh, its just something interesting you can always do.

Obviously most of my posts assume everyone has common sense.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Obviously most of my posts assume everyone has common sense.

There might be your first mistake my friend. :P

Could be second or third, I freely admit I may have lost count along the way some place.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LAKid said: debootstrap is a tool which will install a Debian base system into a subdirectory of another

Yeah. Basically what I did was was format the swap space, use debootstrap on CentOS to install Debian into that space, had to make some configuration changes and make it bootable, then I booted to it and formatted the rest of the system, repeated the process with the rest of the drive using my former swap as my staging ground, then when I booted to that I formatted the swap partition again and set it up as swap again.

It was quite fun.

• @jarland said: It was quite fun

Can we do it in a KVM?

• @vRozenSch00n said: Can we do it in a KVM?

Just try it. What's the worst that could happen? You have to reinstall the OS?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@vRozenSch00n said: Can we do it in a KVM?

I imagine you could.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited April 2013

@jarland @HalfEatenPie I don't want the sysadmin to get pissed of for reinstalling on and on. But I will try it anyhow.

• @vRozenSch00n said: I don't want the sysadmin to get pissed of for reinstalling on and on. But I will try it anyhow.

Personally I don't have too many issues with reinstalling the OS. Although on OpenVZ I might get a bit iffy but honestly there's really nothing too major about it.