Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart gameserver problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart gameserver problem

Hey guys,
i've got an soyoustart game server and orderen additional ip's. I've installed a VPS with Proxmox. There's a teamspeak server running on it. We got massiv packetloss on this teamspeak (3-4%) even a musicbot from an kimsufi server got this loss. ONLY on the VPS.
There's no packetloss on the hostsystem.
UDP ports are opended. Even with firewall deactivated. It happens with the gameserver located in strasbourg and gravelines. But only on failover ip's and Proxmox.

Comments

• If you assign that IP directly on the host, how it behaves?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Try a different LAN Driver, e1000, Virtio,vmxnet and see if this improves anything.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited October 2016

I don't know how by this proxmox bridge config.

auto eth0:0

iface eth0:0 inet static

address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

this doesn't work because of the bridge configuration.

• Somehow reminds me of the problem I got more than a year ago: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/57663/packet-drops-on-kvm-guest
    Also was on a SYS server and tried all available drivers, but was never able to resolve it...

• @pbgben said:
    Try a different LAN Driver, e1000, Virtio,vmxnet and see if this improves anything.

Yes, but that don't work with LXC container. There you can't choose the LAN Driver.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@graphic said:

@pbgben said:

Yes, but that don't work with LXC container. There you can't choose the LAN Driver.

I see, when installing do you get the option to use a stock kernel? Might be worth a try.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Could it be flapping between VAC and normal? As in, OVH's Anti-DDos is going off for some reason and turning protection on/off?

• I dont think so cause the game protection is always on.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

No, just make an exception for the port in the Firewall. Or disable firewall entirely if you want, from the SyS Panel.

• @BlazingServers said:
    No, just make an exception for the port in the Firewall. Or disable firewall entirely if you want, from the SyS Panel.

That's what i tried first. It's just with lxc and kvm vps. The hostsystem works just perfect.