Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any 2Checkout alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any 2Checkout alternatives?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in General

Hello,

Does anybody know of any 2Checkout alternatives apart from Gate2Shop that accept PayPal? I'm not sure if there are any or not.

I'd rather not go back to PayPal direct due to issues that happened last time, but if I have to I will. 2Checkout's application process is taking ages at the moment so I am on the lookout for others just in case I need backup.

Thanks

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

2co kind of are 'the alternative' already imo.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said: 2co kind of are 'the alternative' already imo.

Yea, I mean there's Gate2Shop but they require you to have something pretty stupid in your account to withdraw which is annoying.

I have to send 2CO a load of documentation and don't mind doing that - I was just wondering if there were any others before I do that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

paypoint.net but may be US only, not sure.

edited April 2013

@AnthonySmith said: paypoint.net but may be US only, not sure.

I doubt it
    Support no is uk too

On the other hand, thanks. I'll look at it :)

They all have stupid monthly fees, which I think is ridiculous. At least 2co doesn't have monthly fees :3

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dominicl said: They all have stupid monthly fees, which I think is ridiculous. At least 2co doesn't have monthly fees :3

I am pretty sure they have for new accounts, somthing liek 19$ per month. You should call and ask them, as you may miss the small print somewhere on their site. I remember that I stumbled across a thread in WHT about their monthly maitenance fee.

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I am pretty sure they have for new accounts, somthing liek 19$ per month. You should call and ask them, as you may miss the small print somewhere on their site. I remember that I stumbled across a thread in WHT about their monthly maitenance fee.

Apparently they got rid of that, it's mentioned nowhere on their site anymore and I did ask about monthly fees and they said there were none.

• jhjh Member

SagePay

• @dominicl said: Apparently they got rid of that, it's mentioned nowhere on their site anymore and I did ask about monthly fees and they said there were none.

They may not have monthly fees but cost per transaction is ridiculous.

Check out stripe/paymill

I may end up going with 2co. It's good once youve been accepted. I couldn't find anything on PayPal with Paymill

• 2co is ok. however, their fraud checks seem to allow fraudulent orders and block honest customers. If you ask them to reconsider their failed fraud check, they won't do it. If you are using paypal directly, YOU decide if an order is fraudulent or not.

@superpilesos said: 2co is ok. however, their fraud checks seem to allow fraudulent orders and block honest customers. If you ask them to reconsider their failed fraud check, they won't do it. If you are using paypal directly, YOU decide if an order is fraudulent or not.

2co fraud check and maxmind working together have been really good for us. Pretty much all of the fraudlent orders are filtered. I'm seeing some influence of brazil orders, around 2-3% of which are fraudlent and passed the checks and received 2 chargebacks in the past month for them, however the prvious 8 months (prior the BR orders), didn't have even a single chargeback.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: 2co fraud check and maxmind working together have been really good for us. Pretty much all of the fraudlent orders are filtered. I'm seeing some influence of brazil orders, around 2-3% of which are fraudlent and passed the checks and received 2 chargebacks in the past month for them, however the prvious 8 months (prior the BR orders), didn't have even a single chargeback.

I am talking about them blocking legitimate orders. I have some clients from vietnam and pakistan that paid successfully direct for almost a year, then I switched to only 2Co and they're blocking all those customers.

Will probably go with 2co in the end. The amounts 2co take off don't bother me too much. I just need to send them all the documents that they requested today. No monthly fees either which is a plus.

You're lucky than. They take over 200 in fees over PayPal on my side. At the begining I didn't even notice it, but not when I do the math, it's meh.

Hm, don't know if there are any alternatives to 2CO really - looks like will have to send them all the docs :P

• I'd still reckon 2checkout are ridiculously pricey for non-us merchants. Why can you not accept Paypal directly and sign up with someone like paymill for card payments?

@ShardHost said: I'd still reckon 2checkout are ridiculously pricey for non-us merchants. Why can you not accept Paypal directly and sign up with someone like paymill for card payments?

I could but I had problems with PayPal last time, and therefore I'd rather not go with them again unless I have to.

• Well it's your business. It's just 5.5% + 45c

On a $7 product you're losing nearly $1

@ShardHost said: On a $7 product you're losing nearly $1

Yeah that's true - the charge for more expensive products can be anywhere up to $10 I guess.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

In a $400 payment they take ~$30
    It's a lot

(Not a single payment, but in a payout)

@superpilesos said: (Not a single payment, but in a payout)

Yeah I suppose it can account to quite a lot. I don't mind paying a monthly fee if the monthly fee is reasonably small (i.e. $10-20/month), if the percentage is lower.

I'm not sure if there are any in that criteria either, that accept pp and card?

Can somebody using 2CO confirm whether there are any monthly fees at all, if you have under $200 or over $200 coming in? I'm not sure if this is old or not..

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@dominicl said: Can somebody using 2CO confirm whether there are any monthly fees at all, if you have under $200 or over $200 coming in? I'm not sure if this is old or not..

On the sidebar (right) it should say what the fees were when you signed up.

Or it will be listed under Financial/Payments page, at the bottom of the table.

PRICING INFORMATION
    Transaction Rate: 5.5% + $0.45 per transaction

;)

• JacobJacob Member

Around this time is the only time my mobile internet works, so I find myself working half asleep at night.

Anyway, I have 5.5% and $0.45 per transaction, and this account is 15-16 Months old.

• Is Authorize.net a dirty word now