Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Cloud Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Cloud Help

Hey guys

i want a vps for running some basic applications
and i going to run it for 15 minutes max

so i need to go ahead with hourly basic here

and i need windows vps only

if you guys have any other alternative can you please suggest

thank you

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2016

For your case then providers that bill hourly should be the way to go. If your tasks are resource intensive then make sure you understand those limits or choose dedicated or "guaranteed" e.g cpu, network etc ...

• using browser and some basic software i believe they are not going to use that much cpu

how this hourly basic work

like if i used half n hour and then after some day i used again
    so that total will be calculated

sorry for bad english

• ready4.hosting with promo code "autumn2k16"
    There are unlicenced win7 and winserver templates. You'll pay just 4€ for KVM, 150gb ssd, 4gb ecc ram and 4 cores.

• More social media users incoming. Facebook and Twitter - brace yourselves!

Thanked by 2sin GCat
  • Microsoft Azure, Atlantic Cloud Hosting, Ikoula Public Cloud etc...

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited October 2016

gamejump said: like if i used half n hour and then after some day i used again so that total will be calculated

they have a minimum that they charge you which is one hour. also you get charged when the VM is switched off. If you don't want to be charged then you have to delete it entirely. you can create a snapshot before you do that and restore from snapshot next time. i believe snapshots are still free.

but IMO it would be better to just setup a proxy or VPN server on a cheap VPS somewhere and use that. remote desktop will be a lot slower than just routing traffic via proxy. it's also more convenient to use a proxy that's always running.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • sinsin Member

@gamejump said:
    Hey guys

i want a vps for running some basic applications
    and i going to run it for 15 minutes max

so i need to go ahead with hourly basic here

and i need windows vps only

if you guys have any other alternative can you please suggest

thank you

Vultr charges you by the hour and they charge you for the 1st hour when you deploy - you can do minimum payments as low as $1.00 Paypal with them.

Or you could maybe do the free Microsoft Azure trial (you need a credit card for verification I believe) or something like that.

• Or maybe try amazon free tier services, free of cost :)

• You can use Vultr with free 2 months using (or $50 using). Read more here: https://www.vultr.com/freetrial/